ARLC grant Titans new licence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Gold Coast Titans, NRL.com

The long-term future of the Gold Coast Titans has been given a significant boost after the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) granted the club a new licence for 2013 and beyond.

The ARLC has agreed to licence terms for a new Titans entity under the control of an independent board that offers the club a fresh start from 2013.

The consortium which is headed by a group of businessman including Darryl Kelly, Graeme Connor and Anshuman Magazine will take a controlling position in the club’s ownership. Gold Coast Titans Executive Director of Football Michael Searle and his associated shareholders continue their association through a minority shareholding.

Gold Coast Titans Chief Executive Officer David May said the new licence was a key component in the club’s quest to move into an important new phase.

“It’s great news for the Titans and the entire rugby league community on the Gold Coast that our licence has been renewed,’’ said Mr May.

“It gives us surety for the future and we see it as the final component in the club being able to move forward into a new phase under a new structure.

“We are excited about what the future holds for this club.’’

ARLC Chairman Mr John Grant agreed the new licence was a great result for rugby league on the Gold Coast.

“This is a really strong result for the Gold Coast,” Mr John Grant said.

“It has come about after months of negotiation and thanks to a number of parties who have acted in the best interests of the Titans and Rugby League on the Coast.

“From the Commission’s perspective we have secured an outcome that ensures a stable club is in place with an independent governance structure.

“The players, members and fans of the Titans have showed tremendous support for the club in trying circumstances this year and I think that they can look forward to next year with a great deal of confidence.”

James MacSmith AAP

The ARL Commission (ARLC) is confident of continuing to have a much-needed presence on the Gold Coast, with the struggling Titans granted a new seven-year NRL licence after meeting a series of strict financial guarantees.

Rugby league has a very-chequered history on the Gold Coast, and that continued as the Titans were plunged into a financial crisis under former chief executive Michael Searle that threatened the club's future.

But those dramas have been settled to the satisfaction of the game's governing body and the Titans have been granted a new licence for the 2013 season and beyond.

"We have always said that it was really very important for the game that we maintained a presence on the Gold Coast and we have committed absolutely to that," ARLC interim chief executive Shane Mattiske said.

"It is a strong rugby league region and we are really pleased to ensure that the right measures have been been put in place and the club has responded to those measures moving forward."

Titans' boss David May said the club had opened their books to the ARLC and the Commission was happy with their plans and cash flow moving forward.

"We have provided the club with a fresh start and a clean slate," he said.

"It's an opportunity to look forward and not back and we are grateful for the opportunity to focus on the future.

"It's been a difficult process and taken longer than I expected.

"There has been a lot of discussion and a lot of scrutiny as everyone would expect."

ARLC Chairman John Grant welcomed the granting of the licence as vital for the development of rugby league on the Gold Coast.

"It has come about after months of negotiation and thanks to a number of parties who have acted in the best interests of the Titans and rugby league on the Coast," he said in a statement.

"From the Commission's perspective, we have secured an outcome that ensures a stable club is in place with an independent governance structure.

"The players, members and fans of the Titans have showed tremendous support for the club in trying circumstances this year and I think that they can look forward to next year with a great deal of confidence."

I think you should be crediting the author and publication when copying and pasting articles so you don't get yourself or Dan in any potential trouble.

I think you should be crediting the author and publication when copying and pasting articles so you don't get yourself or Dan in any potential trouble.

Searle owns a small portion of the Titans, it was on the news up here when this was announced.....they have a new GM, and the "old wood" (bar Cartwright) are gone.....there's no reason why they can't be succesfull again....BUT it's going to take time

WAMF said:

Agreed and the provision of a link to the original article would be good too :)

They have to get rid of Searle completely. He may have a minority share, but that bastard will continue to white ant the place until it is no more.:mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6