Arko slams players, Krilich blames Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Good point

It is kinda ironic that Arko is complaining about things not being handled in house...via the media...

Now that the cr@p has hit the ceiling, if they don't go to the media and expose the nasties, how would us fans know the truth behind the scenes and rally around Tooves?

I don't think they have a choice.

Wombat Legacy said:
You never question the integrity of Arko....never!

As for all the blind freddys on this forum backing Stewarts and Choc-you are all deluded. This crap could have been arrested months ago, and it was not.
These guys are here to play football in our colours, not run the place.

So people are "deluded" because they aren't using the newspapers and people with a "close source" to form a judgement on a situation they don't witness or know anyone with any close ties too ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Wombat Legacy said:

As for all the blind freddys on this forum backing Stewarts and Choc-you are all deluded. This crap could have been arrested months ago, and it was not.

So people are "deluded" because they aren't using the newspapers and people with a "close source" to form a judgement on a situation they don't witness or know anyone with any close ties too ?

That is a great dose of politician-speak. Wow!

Moops said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Wombat Legacy said:

You're like a broken record :)

Considering everything I find it hard to disagree with Arko and Thrower.

In fairness though, Thrower has never really been a fan of Des despite the success he had at Manly.

Arko has never had anything but Manly's best at heart. The man has bled maroon and white for well over 60 years and it must be killing him inside seeing what is happening at the moment.

I think Arko is right though, too many of the senior playing group think they run things at the club and too many seem to have developed a mentality that they are the ones who made this club successful. They are employed to play football......so they should do just that, play football.

susan said:
Saying Arko is fueling the fire is way off the mark.The fire has been raging out of control for weeks and as the Godfather he simply is stating that enough is enough as he still loves this great club.

There is a huge contingency of Manly old boys on the Gold Coast and the annual get together on the coast this time of year is a fantastic day.He still literally lives and breathes Manly.Arko still has close connections with many in the know and the fact a man like him who likes to keep things close to his chest feels compelled to speak out is a reflection of how deep the fractures are as opposed to him fanning the flames.

Blind Freddy can tell management has lost control.....have the people who doubt we have serious problems actually watched us play the last couple of months!!
Been saying this for weeks - tooves has to take control. If he doesn't well we are gone. If he does we still have a chance,

Jerry1 said:
Been saying this for weeks - tooves has to take control. If he doesn't well we are gone. If he does we still have a chance,

I think the only reason this hasn't blown up deluxe is because of Tooves. He appears to have been able to keep a lid on things, relatively speaking given the run it's had through the media most of the year.

And you don't have to look far to find cases of coaches losing support of senior groups that have taken it upon themselves to 'run the club'. Before long the officials see it easier to get rid of the coach and give the players their way.

Despite many in our senior group appearing put out by their lack of influence in recent decisions, Tooves is still in an untouchable position between both players and officials.

Jerry1 said:
susan said:
Saying Arko is fueling the fire is way off the mark.The fire has been raging out of control for weeks and as the Godfather he simply is stating that enough is enough as he still loves this great club.

There is a huge contingency of Manly old boys on the Gold Coast and the annual get together on the coast this time of year is a fantastic day.He still literally lives and breathes Manly.Arko still has close connections with many in the know and the fact a man like him who likes to keep things close to his chest feels compelled to speak out is a reflection of how deep the fractures are as opposed to him fanning the flames.

Blind Freddy can tell management has lost control.....have the people who doubt we have serious problems actually watched us play the last couple of months!!

I think Tooves is trying to take control.....has been all season.......But the above mentioned ,are undrermining..! have one of the greatest players to lace on a boot all so coaching our backs,..A Johns...and ...Anthony Wantmore wont talk to him,....... him Off...!

Ramrod said:
lsz said:
Good point

It is kinda ironic that Arko is complaining about things not being handled in house...via the media...

Now that the cr@p has hit the ceiling, if they don't go to the media and expose the nasties, how would us fans know the truth behind the scenes and rally around Tooves?

I don't think they have a choice.

I don't think Arko aired any dirty laundry. He just gave his comments on the matter.

The real issue is board members leaking info to the press to further their agenda, or defend themselves - this the 'dirty laundry' bit.

Take Peter Peters for example. In this article ('Loss of Glenn Stewart to Souths still rankles Sea Eagles board') it could only have been Peters forwarding his personal emails to Danny Wiedler.

But for what reason? He might say to defend himself from accusations that he was involved in GiftyGate. But this is an example of dirty laundry at its finest. A boardroom discussion that only a few dozen people are even aware of, becomes broadcast media for everyone, including supporters, to read.

I would not have known or cared about this otherwise.

Peter Peters should just shut and stop thinking it's all about him in his little world. Keep these squabbles in house cause the fans don't know or care too much.

Another example of laundry is the Choc to Parra rumours which, I read, players suspect management of leaking.

If true, who needs opponents when you have a 'dirty laundry' board like this one?

It's a true credit to the players and coaching staff to end up equal first for the season with this sideshow going on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6