Arko slams players, Krilich blames Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
In a blistering tirade, former Manly club legends Ken Arthurson and Max Krilich had the following to say about the Manly 'mess'.

Read the full article at SMH 'The lunatics are running the asylum': Manly greats slam player power gripping Sea Eagles

ARKO QUOTES:

"They've lost complete focus of what their job is, which is to play football and not to administer the club. Certain players are thinking they are above the club and, to be honest, if they're thinking that way they should just leave. Certain players, not all of them, have forgotten that there is no 'i' in 'team'. It's only one or two, but one bad apple in a basket ... that's all you need.

"The lunatics are running the asylum. And as soon as that happens, the place is shot. The management is weak. The guys who are in charge are getting money on false pretences."

KRILICH QUOTES:

"It comes back to Des, really, a lot of this stuff. Toovs inherited it and, in fact, Des left the club with a premiership and ran away as fast as he could because he knew this was all going to happen.

"So I think most of the blame lies with Des Hasler and he'd be laughing. That's the sort of bloke he is. He doesn't care about anything but Des Hasler. [Former chief executive] Grant Mayer let Des run the club and now Toovs is paying for it."

Words of wisdom spoken by these two legends.
I think the word 'sad' best sums it up. It was certainly how I felt after leaving the SFS at the 55-minute mark on Friday night.

Shows that there are some serious problems behind the scenes as we all obviously known.

I think as much as we are praying for a mircale, the stuff going on will leave us with no chance of progressing further in this finals series.

After this season it's obvious we need a clean out and bring through the younger guys. This will lead to a few lean years as we transition, but the strength of the culture at Manly should see them back on top in only a few years.

Whether it is true or not Krilich is on to something. Put the blame into someone not at the club = unite against a common enemy and minimises the personal implications for those still there.

The message from this article is to never air your dirty linen. Have strong leadership at board level and that no player is ever bigger than the club.

At the end of this season the crap has to stop and if people move on so be it.

The fans just want a team that has a crack and plays for the shirt. The chit chat and dissent has to be stopped.

Arko yes

Max, god bless him, has a bit of a history "slamming" things

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/fogs-of-more-krilich-slams-cheap-nswrl-20100617-yjwy.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/lhqnews/legends-slam-manly-pack-as-title-defence-nosedives/2009/05/09/1241727659842.html

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/league-greats-slam-soft-tests/story-e6frep5x-1225946856535?nk=9375140b25f7a3aa6366d355d7d8ef19

Yeah, Krilich is always good for a quote or soundbite.
As much as I respect him and Arko (and their opinions), it's kind of ironic that by giving the journos exactly what they want they're only giving the stories more oxygen. Yes, all this bull**** has to end, and quickly, but it doesn't have to be done in public.

Good point

It is kinda ironic that Arko is complaining about things not being handled in house...via the media...

Its a given that the team is imploding, as for preparation for this weekend - I hear B Stewart rolled out of the boatshed at 5am on Saturday morning, other players had been there as well. Even one of our coaching staff I heard saying "just one more game" as if to say we can then be put out of our misery.

Seems our favourite players are now on a mission to destroy - particularly watmough from what Ive heard, even getting in the ear of our younger players. If it is to happen I hope Brett and Glen can walk away without upsetting our future and remain club legends, too late for watmough for me

I agree that ha$$ler is to blame. I made the point in another thread and was poo hoo'd for it, but the facts remain it was ha$$ler who put in place the back ended deals and it was he who fostered a them and us culture between the football department and the Board & Management. Had a united culture been there then there would not have been the extent of unhappiness there is now.

Well if this is true they both Stewart brothers should go the way of Watmough and be wheeled out in the offseason.

You could see in the two Souths tries scored off grubbers in the first half that Stewart wasn't exactly putting in for his teammates.

NYEagle

Saying Arko is fueling the fire is way off the mark.The fire has been raging out of control for weeks and as the Godfather he simply is stating that enough is enough as he still loves this great club.

There is a huge contingency of Manly old boys on the Gold Coast and the annual get together on the coast this time of year is a fantastic day.He still literally lives and breathes Manly.Arko still has close connections with many in the know and the fact a man like him who likes to keep things close to his chest feels compelled to speak out is a reflection of how deep the fractures are as opposed to him fanning the flames.

Blind Freddy can tell management has lost control.....have the people who doubt we have serious problems actually watched us play the last couple of months!!

^ Not saying he is wrong (obviously he isn't) or that he doesn't have a right to express his opinion, but I still don't think it helps.
I wish he could fly down here and sort this **** out but, as you say, the situation is probably already too far gone.

I remember reading a inside sport article on Hassler a few years back he is Quoted in the article as saying,I am not a career coach I'm here for Manly..!
yer sure..!

Shnorky said:
Its a given that the team is imploding, as for preparation for this weekend - I hear B Stewart rolled out of the boatshed at 5am on Saturday morning, other players had been there as well. Even one of our coaching staff I heard saying "just one more game" as if to say we can then be put out of our misery.

Seems our favourite players are now on a mission to destroy - particularly watmough from what Ive heard, even getting in the ear of our younger players. If it is to happen I hope Brett and Glen can walk away without upsetting our future and remain club legends, too late for watmough for me
At least Brett is Going out close to home

I'll support this club & team till we are finished for the season. Then if this alleged blood letting actually happens then it will be open slather on those responsible.

Shoe1 said:
Shnorky said:

At least Brett is Going out close to home

Brett was probably looking at the traffic at 5am on the Corso, for his future Food Stand :)

Plus everyone needed a long drink after Friday's game :p

So long as the 'Coaching Staff' was not 2v, we have nothing to worry about ;)

Brett must have had a very busy weekend. I hear he was spotted out and about here in Christchurch on Saturday night and was telling everyone who wanted to listen that he was going to be the Warriors fullback next season

Rumour has it he was also spotted in a Rebel Sport changing room taking selfies in many different teams jerseys and sending the pics to Watmough, Matai, Foran and co to see how well the colours of each team suited him

Also heard that Watmough is still at his terrible mind games with DCE, apparently he stole his shoelaces an hour before the game which has DCE extremely frazzled and the senior playing group sat in the corner cracking up and filming it, so maybe we will see a Ch9 exclusive with Weidler this week sometime

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7