Are You Tipping Manly this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Having taken a beating due to tipping Manly in the first three games, I am wondering if anyone is considering tipping the Knights this weekend?

Is is sacreligious to tip the opposition anyway???

:-X :-X ::) ???

I am tipping Newcastle.  I have tipped Manly every week so far.

I have also tipped against Brisbane every game this season.  My place on the ladder in both comps that I am in is like the position of Manly.  I am also the defending premier in both comps. 

I'm going on Manly but I am about as confident as Mayer is in pulling off a boardroom coup. The good thing on this comp is that almost everyone so far has taken Manly - I just need to find an excuse for my other selections.

Manly cost me a perfect round last week. I just wrote a round preview.

TBH if it stays dry i think Manly will win, the Knights have gidley in attack but rely on him a lot. Defensively they aren't that great.

If Manly defend like they did in the first half, then we will win. It will be about completions.

I have tipped the Knights so far, this may change closer to the date

I always tip Manly even when I think they will lose ie the days of Jye Mullane, Squasher & Brendan Reeves - called me stupid but that is the way it goes for me - and I have never won a tipping comp

I will always tip the Mighty Sea Eagles and to do anything else is shameful, as do my beloved girls.  We will win this weekend because our forwards will step up and Bailey will have a blinder.  I predict a score of 36 to 10, mom, Stevie Wonder.  Manly easy. 

If you tip against them and they win you are happy
If you tip against them and they lose, at least you are happy you got your tip right

Dan link said:
If you tip against them and they win you are happy
If you tip against them and they lose, at least you are happy you got your tip right

exactly. which is why i never tip manly unless they are VERY strong favourites!

There's the butterfly effect operating here Dan.  You know the one about a single butterfly in the Amazon having a ripple affect on the weather patterns above Australia.  A negative thought just might enter the ear drum of one person who just might be at the game and the way he slouches down on his seat affects the air around him which together with other negative thoughts of others slouching down initiates a slight breeze which affects the way the ball travels through the air to be spilt on the line by 'Neumann'.  Ergo their try and their win.  Throughout all one must remain positive.  

DSM5 link said:
There's the butterfly effect operating here Dan.  You know the one about a single butterfly in the Amazon having a ripple affect on the weather patterns above Australia.  A negative thought just might enter the ear drum of one person who just might be at the game and the way he slouches down on his seat affects the air around him which together with other negative thoughts of others slouching down initiates a slight breeze which affects the way the ball travels through the air to be spilt on the line by 'Neumann'.  Ergo their try and their win.  Throughout all one must remain positive.  

Shall we therefore organize a march across the spit?

lets be honest, we dont have the backline to do this, we dont have the headspace. We need a win and we need it fast, but I wouldn't be putting the house on a Manly win.

There are a lot of variables in this game that could win it for either team, but it is no certainty for either. This one will come down to the bounce of the ball

(**** why didn't I put those cliche's in my round preview)

No Dan, all we need is for all Manly supporters to be entirely positive in their thoughts about us winning this weekend.  That'll do the trick.....and for King to 'harden up'. 

DSM5 link said:

And then the butterfly gently lands into the lap of the gods.

I'll be tipping Manly, but I wouldn't know as my two yr old who tips by picking which emblem she likes best, is killing me. :-[

I don't know about anyone else but I've never ever tipped against Manly in my whole life been supporting them for over 30 yrs now be it a tipping comp or on a footy tab.

I just can't bring myself to do it even if i know it's stacked against us etc..

i dont think it makes you less of a supporter to tip against them, I am just a realist

id tip them if Neumann wasnt on the wing. If he is on the wing. I wouldnt.

In all seriousness..we should win though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6