Are we underdone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
With all the injuries this season, I think the question has to be asked...are we somewhat under done?? I can't recall so many injuries...they might have to start calling us the banana men (as we bruise easily like a banana currently)!

I know Donny Singe missed some of the pre season as he was in camp with the kiwis...did this affect the prep? Did we just not train as hard during the pre season? There also seems to be a few players carrying a few extra kgs atm.... Can it all just stem down to bad Luck?

Full strength, we would be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry- Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Willie Mason
15. Luke Burgess
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Dunamis Lui

Guys like Horo, Blair, Leary, Sao, JSL, Wiliame may not even be making the team, and things would be vastly different. That's of coarse if all their heads and hearts were in it.

Under done? Over done? Don't know much expect that we are playing like ****.

Definitely fat. That is inexcusable. Killer and Mateo should set an example here. It would also help prolong their careers if they "pulled a Gifty". I think it may prompt guys like Hiku and even Buhrer to drop a few (in Hiku's case about 10)

Interesting with Choc and Gift - both have made out that they didn't really put in at training. Probably didn't need to because of the talent across the park but if this is still the case it may be why there are so many injuries and extra kegs.

Definitely fat. That is inexcusable. Killer and Mateo should set an example here. It would also help prolong their careers if they "pulled a Gifty". I think it may prompt guys like Hiku and even Buhrer to drop a few (in Hiku's case about 10)

Interesting with Choc and Gift - both have made out that they didn't really put in at training. Probably didn't need to because of the talent across the park but if this is still the case it may be why there are so many injuries and extra kegs.
That's a good point. Looking at the million dollar boys. They don't look so good without Matai and killer on their outsides do they.

That's a good point. Looking at the million dollar boys. They don't look so good without Matai and killer on their outsides do they.

Plus, I think this run should show people how important that legend Jamie Lyon is to our team. I really wish I could have a compulsory team building BBQ at my house, and get all the boys together for a laugh.

You know, that's all that really seems to be missing. They are out of sync.

Plus, I think this run should show people how important that legend Jamie Lyon is to our team. I really wish I could have a compulsory team building BBQ at my house, and get all the boys together for a laugh.

Killer could rewind the clock a couple years dropping a few. Probably 5 kilos of chub and he'd be amazing again.

Too many egos maybe. Once the guys who don't want to be here and the bitter and twisted go the spirit will return hopefully.

We will have a couple of seasons wandering in the wilderness. You have to give it to Hasler - he built an us against the world culture where everyone in the team was 100% committed to the cause and his mates.

For whatever reasons that spirit is now only with a few of the team. The youngsters have it in spades.

Those 5 consecutive penalties in the second half came about from us being tired and trying to slow the play the ball down.

I don't think the fitness is there at all.

Why is it that Glen Stewart looks like he does @ Souths?

Too many egos maybe. Once the guys who don't want to be here and the bitter and twisted go the spirit will return hopefully.

We will have a couple of seasons wandering in the wilderness. You have to give it to Hasler - he built an us against the world culture where everyone in the team was 100% committed to the cause and his mates.

For whatever reasons that spirit is now only with a few of the team. The youngsters have it in spades.

If we COULD snare Myler / Carney, I'm not quite so sure it would take too long. If they are passionate, and heads are in the game, I actually think we'd get drastic improvement.

Carney has baggage, BUT if he knuckles down and does the right thing, he was actually one of the best halves in the NRL - I hated facing him.

Myler - he's played for England, and he actually improves players around him.

Honestly, that article excited me, and it should many others !! I hope Kelly in entertaining this. That's a VAST improvement over Elgey, who I would STILL buy for depth in our reggies team.

Ahh the untouchable donny "whip em into shape" singe, under fire again.
Of course Manly are under done, look at Lyon, Mateo, and Hiku.

In terms of conditioning we are probably the least fittest team in the comp;
In terms of speed we would definitely be the slowest;
In terms of strength, given our love of sub 100 kilo forwards, we are also probably at the bottom end of that too.

Not all of it is the fault of Donny, but hell the God like status he seems to enjoy from posters in this forum surely must be eroding away.

Oh I have no particular dislike of Donny; just the results of his work.

We could all come along to the BBQ and let them know what they're doing wrong and how to go about fixing every problem in the world..lol

We could all come along to the BBQ and let them know what they're doing wrong and how to go about fixing every problem in the world..lol

With reading this thread, I've given up on the BBQ, and have decided to let Banana Blossom at Mona Vale cater the event ;)

If we COULD snare Myler / Carney, I'm not quite so sure it would take too long. If they are passionate, and heads are in the game, I actually think we'd get drastic improvement.

Carney has baggage, BUT if he knuckles down and does the right thing, he was actually one of the best halves in the NRL - I hated facing him.

Myler - he's played for England, and he actually improves players around him.

Honestly, that article excited me, and it should many others !! I hope Kelly in entertaining this. That's a VAST improvement over Elgey, who I would STILL buy for depth in our reggies team.
You may need a nap to settle down haha

So many of our squad have climbed the mountain, some several times. The marquee players all have big fat contracts that will secure their futures elsewhere. Senior players are in end of career retirement mode. Only the young up and comers will have any hunger, that burning raging desire to win a premeirship. It happens to all great era teams and it's happened to us again. Time to endure the bad times until we get back to the good times.

Ahh the untouchable donny "whip em into shape" singe, under fire again.
Of course Manly are under done, look at Lyon, Mateo, and Hiku.

In terms of conditioning we are probably the least fittest team in the comp;
In terms of speed we would definitely be the slowest;
In terms of strength, given our love of sub 100 kilo forwards, we are also probably at the bottom end of that too.

Not all of it is the fault of Donny, but hell the God like status he seems to enjoy from posters in this forum surely must be eroding away.

Oh I have no particular dislike of Donny; just the results of his work.

So what has changed? Under Des (with Same head/strength conditioner as now) we were one of my the fittest teams....now I think your right, we are bottom of most of those elements....maybe we need to get back on the calls blood? Lol...re hire steve dank?? Hahaha

So what has changed? Under Des (with Same head/strength conditioner as now) we were one of my the fittest teams....now I think your right, we are bottom of most of those elements....maybe we need to get back on the calls blood? Lol...re hire steve dank?? Hahaha
Back before 2012 the rules were different and you could get away with it because of the talent across the park and the fact a lot of these vets were a few key years younger. In pro sports there is a big difference between 28 and 31.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4