Are we back under the radar?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Feels like the media is running with the below stories:

Roosters - Premiers, finding form
Souths - main challengers to the Premiers
Storm - Big 3 getting back to their dangerous best
Cowboys - one of the hottest/in-form teams in the Comp
Warriors - dangerous
Penrith - feel-good story of the year
Manly - ??

I don't think so.

It's glaringly obvious to all that we have been playing poorly for the last month.

We're under the radar because we deserve to be. Anyone who thinks on current form we won't get found out in the Semi's is delusional. The simple fact is that we've lost too many quality forwards this year and just can't make up the shortfall. More than half of our pack wouldn't make first grade in most other clubs and its showing. The fact that, despite this, we are leading the comp is a tribute both to Toovey and the quality of our backs.

We are so far under the radar we are skimming the tree tops. Maybe that's because the "Wing Off" warning light is flashing, I don't know. Hopefully it's because Tooves is such a good pilot that we will appear on everyone's radar in two weeks time as one massive BLIP, and then it will be too late for them.

xavier said:
We're under the radar because we deserve to be. Anyone who thinks on current form we won't get found out in the Semi's is delusional. The simple fact is that we've lost too many quality forwards this year and just can't make up the shortfall. More than half of our pack wouldn't make first grade in most other clubs and its showing. The fact that, despite this, we are leading the comp is a tribute both to Toovey and the quality of our backs.

Please name more than half our pack so I can get my delusional mind back on track.

Silly me thinking BJ, Ballin, King, Watmough, Gift, Buhrer would make most teams in the NRL. Which 2 or 3 of those wouldn't get a run? Or is it Horo, Symonds & Starling who all played first grade in other teams you are talking about?

Fluffy said:
xavier said:

Please name more than half our pack so I can get my delusional mind back on track.

Silly me thinking BJ, Ballin, King, Watmough, Gift, Buhrer would make most teams in the NRL. Which 2 or 3 of those wouldn't get a run? Or is it Horo, Symonds & Starling who all played first grade in other teams you are talking about?

Gift has been out nearly all season, and I doubt King would make any other teams. We have been relying on newbies like Starling, JSL & Lui (who probably wouldn't get a run at many other clubs), and probably giving too many minutes to the likes of Horo. Now Buhrer's gone too.

Fluffy said:
xavier said:

I'll do the maths for you:

Starling had a handful of minutes in the SOuths top side, JSL was playing park footy, King was a great player but is well past his best, Hassen has not produced all year. Lawrence is a great player but was unwanted at the Titans, Symonds unwanted at the Roosters and Horo unwanted at Parra. Obviously playing with guys of the calibre of Watmough, Stewart and Ballin has brought out the best in them, but the absence of Kite and Stewart this year has exposed our forward limitations. We've lost the kind of forward domination that we've had in previous years. There's nothing contentious about that. Without that forward punch, there's just not enought space and time for our backs to work their magic. I just can't see us matching it with the Cows/dogs/roosters/or souths in the big matches. Hope I'm wrong.

With the exception of Easts, who have the best roster on paper, I think you can turn the question around and ask: What team has the backline class and firepower of Manly?
I can then pick holes in each team just as you've done with our 'no-name' forwards.

The Who said:
With the exception of Easts, who have the best roster on paper, I think you can turn the question around and ask: What team has the backline class and firepower of Manly?
I can then pick holes in each team just as you've done with our 'no-name' forwards.

Yeah, I agree with that to an extent. But Forwards lay the platform for the backs. This is particularly the case in the modern game where the 10 metre rule places more emphasis on domination in the ruck and metres through the middle. A lot of penalties arise from dominated forwards trying to slow down the ruck, and, as TC has mentioned, a lot of mistakes arise from backs trying to make something happen out of nothing when they are not getting any momentum from their forwards.

Played like shyte all year , still running first .

Yep time to sack the coach!!

Fire truck me dead you bustards are hard markers

xavier said:
Fluffy said:
xavier said:

Starling had a handful of minutes in the SOuths top side, JSL was playing park footy, King was a great player but is well past his best, Hassen has not produced all year. Lawrence is a great player but was unwanted at the Titans, Symonds unwanted at the Roosters and Horo unwanted at Parra. Obviously playing with guys of the calibre of Watmough, Stewart and Ballin has brought out the best in them, but the absence of Kite and Stewart this year has exposed our forward limitations. We've lost the kind of forward domination that we've had in previous years. There's nothing contentious about that. Without that forward punch, there's just not enought space and time for our backs to work their magic. I just can't see us matching it with the Cows/dogs/roosters/or souths in the big matches. Hope I'm wrong.

I did admire the roosters pack when they smashed us twice this year, oh wait.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some people still subscribe to the theory we need to play our best before the finals. Weird.

xavier said:
and, as TC has mentioned,
You quote TC to back up your ideas? You must be new around here!

No, not new. Love TC's work, like most on here do who like a bit of analysis with their mindless devotion to Manly.

xavier said:
Fluffy said:
xavier said:

Just because a player was unwanted at another club does not mean they are not a good player

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4