1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are they Turning on Des?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Sep 6, 2013.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    This should probably go in the lol mega thread but I thought it DEServed its own thread for a while.

Over on the kennel they are already starting to turn on des it would seem.http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=102918

here are some good quotes
    There's another 2 years to run on Des' contract. If we're not a force by then with a comp win under our belt we should look elsewhere.

If Hasler is agood coach why

Haven't we had speed off the line defence
    Haave we had no go forward and aggression
    Have we had no variation in attack
    Have we had no attack options in the oppositions 10-15 metre area
    Have we had a flat non attack backline for 90% of the season
    Have we put up with Tony (Tubby-Rex) Williams non achievements all season
    Have we put up with the dreadful Inu-Perrett right side defence all season

Desmond is a protected species on here tbh, you get thumbed down or ridiculed for asking genuine questions of him.

Personally I love the bloke but this year has made me ask a lot of questions.

The honeymoon is over as even the dumbest of dogs fans come to realise this year is gone for them and next year aint going to be much better.

2. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Not sure the Kennel (or this place) is an accurate reflection of fan sentiment

3. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    Yeh and he doesn't get the media plaudits this year either. At the end of last year it was really Bellamy, Bennett and Des rated as the 3 best coaches in the league.....not much talk this year.

Just terrible.... (cry fake tears)

4. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Are they Turning on Des?

eewwwwww

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    Not sure?

I'm absolutely certain of it.

6. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    I dont know.
    But i think it was niccipops or misskate who mentioned an observation in another thread, that he seemed to no longer have the passion he once went about his coaching with. That spark and little bit of aggro he had when coaching the Sea Eagles went the moment he started coaching another team. That definitely seems obvious

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Reads a lot likes the posts on here about Des circa 2009/2010.

Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. manlyfan76

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    They have had to deal with barba's alleged assault and so many injuries and are turning on the coach. What a bunch of wankers the dogs supporters are. Good times, good times.

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 256
    Cannot think of a better thing to happen to that traitor!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    I totally agree Mark. I had the utmost respect for him but that vanished - not for going to the Dogs but for leaving with one year to run on his contract, taking many of the Manly support staff, trying to take some of our players and putting the club through hell when we should have been basking in the glory of the 2011 GF win.
    I'm glad he took She-Rex, though. It serves him right.

11. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    but stop! isn't he the current coach of the year. something he never achieved with us funnily, even though he got us to the finals year after year and won 2 gfs. just confirms that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, especially when you have to constantly step in dog poo

• Like Like x 1
  12. manlyfan76

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    it piles up pretty quick out Belmore way.

13. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Here is a theory . Des has lost some heart...Working with greenturd and being part of the 'coverup' must have played on his mind each day for months in the long drive out west.

Their season started terribly for them.

14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    Maybe they will replace him with Ricky Stuart?

15. Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Des is a great coach and motivator , bit of second year syndrome over Belmore way , plus the Barba thing has hurt the club before round 1 , me thinks they will go out pretty early this year .

16. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Canterbury bought Des wanting and more importantly expecting a premiership. As soon as I heard that Des was deflecting to Belmore I knew the results he would have to achieve would have to be instant for the fans to really embrace him.

This is not Manly where Des played and had a history with the club. Des and Canterbury have nothing in common.

There was an article written in Sportal a few weeks after Des signed with the Dogs and it predicted exactly what has happened - they wouldn't really accept Des (without an instant premiership) and Des would not really fit in (no history with the Dogs).

Oh well never mind not our problem.

• Like Like x 2
  17. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Very true, it would be the same - for example - if we bought Bellamy. We would expect results, and quick, cause he got them with another club.

Des is merely the 'fixer'. Well, two seasons down (almost), and two to go. A Toovey premiership in this time will be ever soooo sweet.

18. God

God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 10
    I hate the guy after the way he left but they seem very quick to forget he got them from dog **** to the GF last year and the Semi's again this year.

I think they go ok for the roster they have, ours is far far better as is the other top 4 sides.

19. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    I know a lot of people were expecting the Dogs to win the Premiership this year (they still may), but last year Des sprung a bit of a rabbit out of the hat with the forward ball playing that happened last year. It really seemed to surprise a lot of teams, and Barba was playing out of his skin (not unlike Hayne in 09). But teams are awake to this style and Barba has obviously had other issues to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    Des made big mistake. I honestly feel for him. I have no anger at all for the man. But I think he may harm his legacy by going to the dogs, I hope he doesn't get sacked from there.