Are there enough offloads??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I don't think so ......
There are a number of great opportunistic players who would thrive under more offloads at Manly including Parcel, DCE, Walker, Api.....
Vave produced a pearler against the Cows last Saturday & when Lawrence came on against the Roosters (I think) he shuffled 1 or 2 offloads that completely changed the games momentum.
Others with good offload potential are AFB, Jake & of course Mateo who unfortunately lands them to the opposition 30% of the time....
In the modern game this is a massive creator of tempo control - options - & really unsettling even a quality defence.
There is a time , place & we don't want to turn into a "throw it somewhere & hope team", but surely this is an area to improve the attack & play off the back of....
The days of possession & percentages have become so controlling at times, that players seem so structured to do a general 3 hitups...often 1 out...a backline shift....another hitup or blindside shot...then kick....
Ball control is important & gaining good field position is also, but just feel more offloads are a requirement if this current Manly side is to challenge the top teams & more to the point - improve....

I thought this was going to be our strength thus year with Parcell and Walker following the forwards looking for the ball. I have been disappointed so far.

Parra seem to have the most trouble offloading at the moment.

Can't offload directors, players, excess salary payments, records of meetings, injured club legends, bad character traits, moronic fans, and the list goes on!

edit: Ok I like the offload, when used correctly....and hopefully we get better at support play for this to make a real difference.

Parra seem to have the most trouble offloading at the moment.

Can't offload directors, players, excess salary payments, records of meetings, injured club legends, bad character traits, moronic fans, and the list goes on!

edit: Ok I like the offload, when used correctly....and hopefully we get better at support play for this to make a real difference.

I must admit, when I read the title of the thread, I wanted to make the joke you just did about offloads.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6