Are Souffs the new grubs of the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Testicle squeezes, ankle twisting, diving in every form to gain an advantage and topped with cheap head highs, elbows and knees. How low will this team go to win the comp? Is there an ugly culture at Redfern? I'm seeing one. Feel free to express and vent. :)

The leg twist was a dog act , and the dive/laying down was the act of a cheat . Not surprisingly both from ex Storm scum . Souths area mimicking the drizzle in many areas , not least their grubby tactics .

Daveagle said:
The leg twist was a dog act , and the dive/laying down was the act of a cheat . Not surprisingly both from ex Storm scum . Souths area mimicking the drizzle in many areas , not least their grubby tactics .

Agreed, esp with the leg twist. Up there with isaac luke's in the last world cup.

Amazing to see Lima shake his head, shocked to be called out.

What a total coward.

GI....well I was hoping his knee had gone considering he tried to slide it into tafua.

The NEW grubs? What do you mean? Souths have ALWAYS been grubs. The so-called "Pride of the League" have a very long history of violent, dirty, illegal, intimidatory play. Their much-revered side of the late 60's/early 70's (Sattler, Coote, McCarthy, Sait et al) were in fact one of the most brutal, thuggish teams ever to take the field. Any side that played Souths in those days could count on an extensive injury toll for the subsequent few weeks...caused in large part by deliberately violent play from the Rabbitohs. They used to literally bash their opponents into submission, and in the days before extensive video replays they could and did get away with it.

So don't buy into the overly-romanticised, misty eyed common view that Souths are somehow the "good guys", the working man's champion, the battlers fighting for the downtrodden underdog against the privileged upper-class "silvertails" (ie. us). They are nothing of the sort. The Rabbitohs' style of play drags rugby league down to its basest, most savage, bare-knuckle violent and primitive level...and they have ALWAYS been like this. :mad:

ManlyBacker said:
Testicle squeezes, ankle twisting, diving in every form to gain an advantage and topped with cheap head highs, elbows and knees. How low will this team go to win the comp? Is there an ugly culture at Redfern? I'm seeing one. Feel free to express and vent. :)

YES. I said it in another thread and I believe it to be true. They suck ****! (that's a little vent)

I can't paste the gif, but here's a link to a page on LeagueUnlimited (I do like to slum it sometimes!!) that shows the real extent of the "squirrel grip".

He got TWO WEEKS FOR THIS.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=424933&page=21

Boggles the mind that he nearly got away with: but for social media highlighting it!!!

They are dirty, employing tactics that are completely lacking in any honour. Diving, niggling, leg twists. FMD. I'd happily take a week off to punch Sutton in his whiney face, I'd LOVE to punch on with Inglis... But he'd never throw punches at a MAN lol!!!

It's no coincidence their coach is ex storm....

I couldn't believe that leg twist on Choc, when they all knew he had a knee injury. What a disgrace. The only thing that didn't surprise me about that was it wasn't Isaac Luke doing it. As for Inglis staying down injured. The go on about how tough he is, and he lays down like that after a nothing tackle to win a penalty. Thats weak as you know what.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Lima, wasn't he once in the Storm. Figures.

He should lose plenty of weeks for that deliberate and malicious twist. A real dog act.

Inglis,Smith,Slater could go out there with a machete and the media clowns would brush it off as "not his go" ,"you wont see that again", "very unlike (insert grub name)" comments

My Souths supporting brother went to Gosford and couldn't believe the whole place was Rabbitohs. Some poor Manly fan sat between a load of Souffs fans and was giving it big time until half time when Souffs hit the lead and he copped a huge razzing. My brother reckons this was the best part of the night and the Manly fan ended up leaving to a load of trash thrown at him!! Tough night for the Silvertails!
Hope we don't play them at Homebush because they will come out of the woodwork.

Darren said:
My Souths supporting brother went to Gosford and couldn't believe the whole place was Rabbitohs. Some poor Manly fan sat between a load of Souffs fans and was giving it big time until half time when Souffs hit the lead and he copped a huge razzing. My brother reckons this was the best part of the night and the Manly fan ended up leaving to a load of trash thrown at him!! Tough night for the Silvertails!
Hope we don't play them at Homebush because they will come out of the woodwork.

Trash being thrown at him ? Didn't think the Souths fans would resort to picking each other up and launching them

Not sure how our players feel...but I'm still fired up. I hope we annihilate them if we meet again, and I would not like to be next weeks opposition. The fuse should be well and truly lit now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6