1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Souffs the new grubs of the NRL?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Testicle squeezes, ankle twisting, diving in every form to gain an advantage and topped with cheap head highs, elbows and knees. How low will this team go to win the comp? Is there an ugly culture at Redfern? I'm seeing one. Feel free to express and vent. :)

2. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    The leg twist was a dog act , and the dive/laying down was the act of a cheat . Not surprisingly both from ex Storm scum . Souths area mimicking the drizzle in many areas , not least their grubby tactics .

3. shauneagle

shauneagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    then how do we get caned in the penalties??

4. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Roosters will destroy the bugs bunnys in a few weeks time.

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Yes, they are - GI's dive last night needs the MRC to lay a charge of 'Conduct Unbecoming' like in the AFL :mad:

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Agreed, esp with the leg twist. Up there with isaac luke's in the last world cup.

Amazing to see Lima shake his head, shocked to be called out.

What a total coward.

GI....well I was hoping his knee had gone considering he tried to slide it into tafua.

7. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Trainer told Inglis to stay down

A tweet from Jorge Taufua last night

1 rule I always play by: illegal or legal, if it don't hurt or knock you out - GET UP !

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nuttybott

Nuttybott Active Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 1
    The NEW grubs? What do you mean? Souths have ALWAYS been grubs. The so-called "Pride of the League" have a very long history of violent, dirty, illegal, intimidatory play. Their much-revered side of the late 60's/early 70's (Sattler, Coote, McCarthy, Sait et al) were in fact one of the most brutal, thuggish teams ever to take the field. Any side that played Souths in those days could count on an extensive injury toll for the subsequent few weeks...caused in large part by deliberately violent play from the Rabbitohs. They used to literally bash their opponents into submission, and in the days before extensive video replays they could and did get away with it.

So don't buy into the overly-romanticised, misty eyed common view that Souths are somehow the "good guys", the working man's champion, the battlers fighting for the downtrodden underdog against the privileged upper-class "silvertails" (ie. us). They are nothing of the sort. The Rabbitohs' style of play drags rugby league down to its basest, most savage, bare-knuckle violent and primitive level...and they have ALWAYS been like this. :mad:

• Like Like x 5
  9. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,608 / 46
    YES. I said it in another thread and I believe it to be true. They suck ****! (that's a little vent)

10. Watto1972

Watto1972 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    charge of 'Conduct Unbecoming'

Wasn't that what those 2 Marines were charged with in "A Few Good Men"?

11. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    I can't paste the gif, but here's a link to a page on LeagueUnlimited (I do like to slum it sometimes!!) that shows the real extent of the "squirrel grip".

He got TWO WEEKS FOR THIS.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=424933&page=21

Boggles the mind that he nearly got away with: but for social media highlighting it!!!

They are dirty, employing tactics that are completely lacking in any honour. Diving, niggling, leg twists. FMD. I'd happily take a week off to punch Sutton in his whiney face, I'd LOVE to punch on with Inglis... But he'd never throw punches at a MAN lol!!!

It's no coincidence their coach is ex storm....

12. Andy 1972

Andy 1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    I couldn't believe that leg twist on Choc, when they all knew he had a knee injury. What a disgrace. The only thing that didn't surprise me about that was it wasn't Isaac Luke doing it. As for Inglis staying down injured. The go on about how tough he is, and he lays down like that after a nothing tackle to win a penalty. Thats weak as you know what.

Andy1972
    Manly Forever.

13. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Allow me Andy.

Piss. Weak as piss !

• Like Like x 1
  14. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +982 / 5
    To answer the question, in 1 word....YES!

15. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Lima, wasn't he once in the Storm. Figures.

He should lose plenty of weeks for that deliberate and malicious twist. A real dog act.

16. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    Yep. And they won't be able to handle the truth!

17. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Inglis,Smith,Slater could go out there with a machete and the media clowns would brush it off as "not his go" ,"you wont see that again", "very unlike (insert grub name)" comments

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    My Souths supporting brother went to Gosford and couldn't believe the whole place was Rabbitohs. Some poor Manly fan sat between a load of Souffs fans and was giving it big time until half time when Souffs hit the lead and he copped a huge razzing. My brother reckons this was the best part of the night and the Manly fan ended up leaving to a load of trash thrown at him!! Tough night for the Silvertails!
    Hope we don't play them at Homebush because they will come out of the woodwork.

19. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Trash being thrown at him ? Didn't think the Souths fans would resort to picking each other up and launching them

• Like Like x 1
  20. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,608 / 46
    Not sure how our players feel...but I'm still fired up. I hope we annihilate them if we meet again, and I would not like to be next weeks opposition. The fuse should be well and truly lit now.