Are Melbourne lucky and over rated so far?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Storm have done enough to get the minor premiership.

Manly must finish second, then Melb will meet Saints to get into the grand final.(provided these 3 teams win their first finals game)

They are much better than a team with 3 star players.

Widdup, Nielsen, Blair and Manu are 4 exceptional players.

I wont be getting too carried away with their win tonight. It was a bit like the Dragons win over Manly. The score didnt really reflect the closeness of the game. Sure they were excellent but had the rub of the green as usual.

My dream is we beat the Bronco's and Storm beat Dragons in GF qualifiers. Would love a Manly Storm GF.

I am hoping we can get into a position that makes the round 26 match against the Bronco's not mean much to us so we can rest a few players leading into the finals.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
I'm hoping the round 26 match is a game the bongos need to win to ensure their position in the top 4.

We beat them(don't care by how much, 1 will do), they miss the top 4 and go out in straight sets and me and my fellow manly man at work can hang poo on the arrogant pr***s for another year.

The Storm are not lucky, they are winning because they are a descipline team , they dont give away many silly penalties, dont make many errors . and punish and capitalize on the teams that do.

BOZO said:
The Storm are not lucky, they are winning because they are a descipline team , they dont give away many silly penalties, dont make many errors . and punish and capitalize on the teams that do.

Totally agree! They are strong and disciplined... and relentless. We make not like their style - many don't like Manly's rough house style, either - but it is working for them and they are getting away with it. No use having a whinge at them, Manly must find ways around them and conquer them.

Lets see them when they need to change gears come finals time - imo Manly have them all over the park except their dummy half who is miles away the best # 9 in the game. When Des gets the boys to slow down that ruck area controlling Smiths impact , watch them implode - time will tell.

The simple fact remains that they played us just once and haven't played Saints at all.

I've never said they aren't good, I'm just questioned them being over rated as the no 1 on the ladder given they've escaped the other top 2 teams with one rd 1 home game and no game v Saints.

Other teams in the comp have already faced Melb, Saints or Manly twice!

jjai said:
MK Eagle said:
jjai said:
wasn`t at you or anyone in general MK i just clicked on the wrong reply button.. :D
All good mate - still stick by the call they have overachieved but put my hand up as 1 who is suprised at where they are at this point of the season. ;)

Hey if it wasnt for them getting busted we wouldnt have even made the 8 last year..
Well they did get busted last year- for cheating!!
As for last year apart from injuries & suspensions & getting beaten up in the media world with Gallop head honcho the wheels did fall off. But not before smashing both over the cap Melbourne & premiers Illawarra without marquee player Brett Stewart.
Can we stick to 2011 now......

There are only 2 games stopping the storm from taking out the minor premiership.
Round 24 against saints and round 25 against us. No other team they play will beat them.

They're not lucky they work hard at what they do which is cheating the rules of the game and suckering the refs into their bull**** slowing the play the ball tactics which need to be penalised. 2nd or 3rd man in on the tackle twisting the tackled player to get them on their back and con the refs into dominant tackle. Its not dominant tackle its bull**** cheating and the refs do nothing to stop it.

Jerry1 said:
There are only 2 games stopping the storm from taking out the minor premiership.
Round 24 against saints and round 25 against us. No other team they play will beat them.
Quote me - I back us to beat them - Illawarra to beat them & some underdog to beat them - theres 3....

I think you could be on to something MK. Remember Newcastle touched them up a few years ago, about a week out from the semis?

Phantar said:
I think you could be on to something MK. Remember Newcastle touched them up a few years ago, about a week out from the semis?
All honesty believe it will happen Phantar - hard 4 me because of a passionate hate for the purples - is it the heart or the head, but when it comes to the crunch i feel they have more weakness than others & come finals time prefer playing this mob than at least 3 other teams. Not the certain minor premiers most rate them......

Here's the thing about the Mega Cheats Melbourne. They are very very beatable. In the same way the Dragons found out last night. Beatable. Storm are very close to suffering what caused St George to lose last night. Thats a combination of massive egos and overconfidence and believing their own press.

R21 v Parra
R22 v Panthers (Storm @ home).
R23 v Titans
R24 v Saints (Storm @ home).
R25 v Manly
R26 v Roosters

Cant see them losing to Parra, Panthers, Titans or the Roosters sorry.
But stranger things have happened.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8