Applications for Coach of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BK was the 1st to have a run in with some current board members and said after zorba got the flick that Manly had lost him forever.

There is no other choice but to get Tooves to do it. He wants to be a head coach one day. Its been written somewhere.
And with Kelly Egan there also we will be fine.
Beaver would be good to have there also.
I wish he could come back for one mroe season and take the most games record off Lockyer. if he was still playing NRL he woudl be up to like 1000 NRL games now lol well close to 400.

This article appeared in the SMH this morning and should put to rest any ideas about potential coaches other than Toovey:

There is a possibility that Hasler's relationship with the Manly board, which is already strained, could become untenable. If the eight-year Sea Eagles coach went early, and took over at the Bulldogs for next season, his current assistant, Geoff Toovey, would be the favourite to succeed him at Manly.
Before Manly's end-of-season presentation function last night, Toovey told the Herald there had been no indication to him that Hasler would not be coaching the Sea Eagles again next year. But Toovey is certainly interested in coaching Manly if the job becomes available.
''It's my ambition to be a first-grade coach,'' Toovey said. ''I've got the motivation and desire to do such a job. I've spoken to Des in the past about succession planning. I've served what you would call a lengthy apprenticeship, as a lower-grade coach and first-grade assistant.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dogs-hopeful-disgruntled-des-can-start-next-season-20111007-1ldsk.html#ixzz1a878HGUU

DES should be retained for 2012. He has shown himself a career coach now, and he will do the job next year. Plus we risk a mass exodus if he departs. A 12 month transition will stem the bleeding.

I read somewhere in another article that rumours were suggesting Ricky Stuart. If that turd gets the job, after 40 years as a Manly supporter they'll lose me.

Matabele said:
DES should be retained for 2012. He has shown himself a career coach now, and he will do the job next year. Plus we risk a mass exodus if he departs. A 12 month transition will stem the bleeding.

You can see the conflicts that a coach leaving has had at St Choke with Bennett, but I do agree with you Mata. I would rather see a planned hand-over even it was for only half a season.

ManlyBacker said:
Matabele said:

You can see the conflicts that a coach leaving has had at St Choke with Bennett, but I do agree with you Mata. I would rather see a planned hand-over even it was for only half a season.

In 1988 it was well known that Fulton was leaving at the end of that season and that Alan Thompson was his replacement. The best and only sensible option is for the current structure to stay in place for 2012, whilst allowing Toovey time to pull together whatever people he needs to re-build. Not 'throw the baby out with the bath water' or 'cut off our noses to spite our face.'

In Bennett's case it was probably the 'I've done my job here' comment more than his impending departure that cruelled SG-I's season.

Matabele said:

I also want Des to stay for 2012, but 2 things that may stop that from happening-
1. His relationship with current board.
2. The real threat of Des taking some players with him. Who would be negotiating with players to stay beyond 2012?
It's just turned into the biggest ****fight ever. How the f** could all this damage be done less than a week after winning premiership. Unbelievable.

Phantar said:
ManlyBacker said:
Matabele said:

In 1988 it was well known that Fulton was leaving at the end of that season and that Alan Thompson was his replacement. The best and only sensible option is for the current structure to stay in place for 2012, whilst allowing Toovey time to pull together whatever people he needs to re-build. Not 'throw the baby out with the bath water' or 'cut off our noses to spite our face.'

In Bennett's case it was probably the 'I've done my job here' comment more than his impending departure that cruelled SG-I's season.
It also turned out ordinary if you complete the story poor old Alan Thompson was sacked so a smooth transition it was not. The problem with Manly as I see it we always have all powerful coaches Bozo and Des and when they leave it leaves a huge power vacuum. So what our strength becomes our weakness

Alan Thompson was never given a fair chance at coaching. He was undermined by Fulton, Daley and the red headed mutt. He was thrown to the wolves. An excellent player who might have been a very good coach, if Fulton had of just left it all alone.

Please God, not Stuart or Brown.

beardie said:
I read somewhere in another article that rumours were suggesting Ricky Stuart. If that turd gets the job, after 40 years as a Manly supporter they'll lose me.

Stuart's appointment would certainly change my life. With no football team to support anymore I'd get a lot more done on the winter weekends. I wish I was joking but I honestly don't think I could ever cheer for a Stuart coached team.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6