Apparently we are all idiots!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have one question though: It sounds as though BK is captain when I read articles and some threads here. Is this a rumour or has it been confirmed?

It was reported by News Limited papers a week or so ago that he would be, nothing from the club though.

I am proud of you Tookey!
BTW I'm not saying or didn't mean to say you're an idiot, I just think you have treated your opinion-announcing very idiotically (if that makes sense). What I said on LU was a bit rough so sorry. I respect that you don't like Monas, you have a right to an opinion and a right to say it. BUT, you should also remember that some people on this forum (42 according to the poll) like Monas and therefore do not like you going on and on and on about it in most threads.
A little bit of Negativity (which this site offers) is fine - makes things interesting for me. But some take it too far.
I have one question though: It sounds as though BK is captain when I read articles and some threads here. Is this a rumour or has it been confirmed?

Its not that I don't like monnas - he was playing very well last year up until the contract negotiations

When he eventually signed his new contract he should have put it all behind him and got on with playing to the best of his ability. However this didn;t happen and no-one can argue that his second half of the season wasn't up to the standard of his first half.

It would be good if he can get on with playing good footy this year, keep away from the media (unless he is captain) and be the starting hooker. Time will tell how he goes next year.

Fair enough. Do you think Dessie should have a player he doesn't want playing in his team?

Where/when did Des say he didn't want Monas in the team?

ANS: Depends why Dessie doesn't want him in the team. If it's because of the contract negotiations incident - Yes, Monas should stay. If it's because he thinks Monas aint up to 1st grade standard (which I cannot see how this would be the case) then MAYBE he should let him go.

[quote author=byso]
Fair enough. Do you think Dessie should have a player he doesn't want playing in his team?
If it's because he thinks Monas aint up to 1st grade standard (which I cannot see how this would be the case) then MAYBE he should let him go.
[/quote]

Bingo

Tookey does hate Kingy though

1 hit up for 13 metres. I don't hate him - I just feel sorry that he put a performance like that while wearing a Manly jersey. To me he has not lived up to the hype that has been said about him over the past 3 years and he really needs to have a big year in 2006 otherwise his career may stop before it has started.

Hopefully we have signed some good first grade props in Sione, Rose and Arnold (go the bears) to take over from him this year. Otherwise prop is going to be an archilles heel for Manly this year.

Bring back wee Donny to show what a real FG prop is like?

I saw Ronny Gibbs the other day.

I reckon if you put him on the field in Round One he'd do more than King did in most games this year.

And the opposition would be looking out for him and wondering whether he'd be safe to run at (as opposed toKing that has a large sign painted to his forehead that say "run at me, I'll miss).

Where/when did Des say he didn't want Monas in the team?
It was made clear in an expose on this site. I quote an email from a prominent club official:

"the prevailing opinion of the match committee was that Monaghan was not the half back to take us to the next level".

Given that we HAD randall in the ranks and Ballin making big noises as an up and comer, we certainly didn't sign Monaghan as hooker (though he might go reasonabl there if we aren't able to find someone to take over his contract).

I saw Ronny Gibbs the other day.

I reckon if you put him on the field in Round One he'd do more than King did in most games this year.

And the opposition would be looking out for him and wondering whether he'd be safe to run at (as opposed toKing that has a large sign painted to his forehead that say \"run at me, I'll miss).

You could also put Terry Randall and Les boyd in there for round one and I reckon they would do more than king did in a lot of games last year - even at their ages I would not want to run into those blokes on a football field.

at first i would have agreed with these guys on LU about the negativity, you can see in much earlier threads. in the last few months the one thing i realise is that we do call it as we see it, ill be the first to admit that i would back any player in the maroon and white even if i thought they were not playing up to scratch, ie, monas, king, harris etc it may have taken me a while but there is and quote me on this, " REWARDING MEDIOCRITY MAY WELL GET YOU INTO THE SEMI'S, IT WILL NOT WIN YOU A PREMIERSHIP". KEEP IT REAL ST, AND LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY EAGLES!

How can realism be classed as negatvity? It sh1ts me that every one bags us for being negative. I am the first one to pat someone on the back if they do a good job, but if they dont then they deserve criticism, thats life.

Here here to everything said.
If you wish to earn the sort of money they do , then they should cop the crap that comes out of a bad performance.

How can realism be classed as negatvity? It sh1ts me that every one bags us for being negative. I am the first one to pat someone on the back if they do a good job, but if they dont then they deserve criticism, thats life.

Agree 100%- it's a professional game so they should be prepared to cop it when it is deserved.
Have you noticed the difference between players that have responded well to past criticism, taking it on board and improving their game (I would say Stephenson would be a good example in 2005) or the ones that have sulked (Monas).
It would be interesting to do up a flow chart of these guys form throughout the year and compare.

True- Ryan.
Just draw a big cross and call the acsending line Stephenson and the desending Monaghan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7