Apparently She Rex Reckons he lost his desire last year???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, the way he talked himself up was both embarassing and ominous. The latter because you knew he almost certainly wouldn't 'deliver', and consequently leave his team mates to clean up the mess.

Hasler has a bad habit of staying loyal to his top 17. I can't wait to see pea heart perform as a reserve grader next year and the bulldogs army hound Hasler to drop him. Can't wait for the Williams reply around the lines of "Hasler knows best, I need to spend more time in the lower grades to get some confidence and focus".

Once a pea heart, always a pea heart.

Ryan said:
Did you not read my earlier response in this thread. Read the second last paragraph.

Also, yes, if Hasler cannot get consistent effort out of what is a 1/2 a million dollar player, I would think I, and many, many others would be rather critical of that fact on both player, AND coach.

In fact, I'm pretty sure many of you would be readily getting up Des if Williams flounders (which I hope he does).

I think what Williams was quoted as saying, is very disrespectful of Toovey, but at the same time, I think it's a concern.

ANY coach has to have his entire team motivated, even in the worst circumstances. That, or they have to at least attempt to do so.
I'm surprised people don't agree with that sentiment.

So what are you arguing, Ryan? Tooves didn't attempt to motivate Williams? That on the basis of Williams remaining inconsistant over 2012 (as he was for the years prior under Des), we crucify the coach and ignore the success of the larger group?

Toovey and his crew are trying to juggle 50-ish individual personalities during the course of the season, on top of all the other elements that are required to win games of football.

I'm surprised you can't see your own opinion on this appears clouded by a personal judgement, using a tenious link between Williams' attitude (of which the history is long and well documented, even under Des) and the current coach's abilities to motivate.

Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:
Did you not read my earlier response in this thread. Read the second last paragraph.

Also, yes, if Hasler cannot get consistent effort out of what is a 1/2 a million dollar player, I would think I, and many, many others would be rather critical of that fact on both player, AND coach.

In fact, I'm pretty sure many of you would be readily getting up Des if Williams flounders (which I hope he does).

I think what Williams was quoted as saying, is very disrespectful of Toovey, but at the same time, I think it's a concern.

ANY coach has to have his entire team motivated, even in the worst circumstances. That, or they have to at least attempt to do so.
I'm surprised people don't agree with that sentiment.

So what are you arguing, Ryan? Tooves didn't attempt to motivate Williams? That on the basis of Williams remaining inconsistant over 2012 (as he was for the years prior under Des), we crucify the coach and ignore the success of the larger group?

Toovey and his crew are trying to juggle 50-ish individual personalities during the course of the season, on top of all the other elements that are required to win games of football.

I'm surprised you can't see your own opinion on this appears clouded by a personal judgement, using a tenious link between Williams' attitude (of which the history is long and well documented, even under Des) and the current coach's abilities to motivate.

I agree, and disagree. Williams certainly has to take ownership in all of this (which he won't), and most of the laziness comes down to him.

At the same time, it concerns me that one of the biggest pieces of our premiership chances remained un-motivated. It concerns me.

Simple as that.

Williams admitted to being un motivated, I think it's a generational thing. People of his age are very hard to keep motivated over extended time periods (30 mins is pretty good for them). I have worked with a lot of them in the hotel industry and they are generally motivated very differently to all previous generations.

Ryan, I'm concerned that you're still concerned about Tony-Bill Williams.

No, not really. Time to move on.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I am concerned that Tooves may be too old to coach the younger team members. Unless Tooves is willing to stand on the sideline and scream "YEEAAH BOIII!!!", to give encouragement when a player like T-rex makes a good run, all the while maintaining his swagger whilst letting his pants sag to the extent of exposing half of his clacker...he may never connect with the younger players.

At the very least, Tooves should attend a tafe course in gang hand signage and non verbal communication through finger twists during the off season to help bridge the age gap. Would it kill him to wear a Manly cap sideways during press confrences??

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6