Apparently She Rex Reckons he lost his desire last year???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Average bull said:
Ryan said:
Isn't it a coaches responsibility to to drive enthusiasm and culture (as well as the players doing their part)?

T-Rex was supposed to be a big part of our drive for back to back premierships, and felt flat.

That's a worrying sign.

Are you blaming toovs ? Surely not .

Give the bloke a break dude . Don't be a hater , he'll go better this year cause he won't have to motivate the unmotivateable .

she-recks didn't want to be here so good riddance I say . Personally I'd rather have toovs as a coach than having williams in the team .

Well said AB.

One other thing, I'd rather a coach or player dedicated to our team and club than someone chasing $$$$$.

Ryan said:
Isn't it a coaches responsibility to to drive enthusiasm and culture (as well as the players doing their part)?

T-Rex was supposed to be a big part of our drive for back to back premierships, and felt flat.

That's a worrying sign.
Sometimes you worry too much. Toovey had a lot on his plate this year. Even for the top coaches it can be hard to keep some players focussed when there are protracted disruptive contract negotiations.

Toovey got us to the finals firing, to the extent we were favourites to take it all out. Back in March few (if any) experts were tipping us to be in that position. I for one was pleasantly surprised with what Toovey did, and he will only be better for the experience.

Ryan said:

That's a worrying sign.

You're an idiot, Ryan. Sorry, but I just have to say that given the simplistic notion you've just presented here.

Des got little more than inconsistant and flat performances out of T-Rex for 2.5 years before Williams had his good run at the backend of 2011. Should we blame Des for taking so long? Maybe you'd prefer to blame the Assistant Coach at the time?

Or perhaps the issue, in this case, is the individual. Given the downs and ups we've dealt with from Williams in our colours, it was disrespectful for T-Rex to hint that Des will get the most out of him, when clearly he couldn't over the vast majority of his time under him previously.

did anyone ever youtube that bit from one of the games last year where Foran gave him a gobful to get his arse in gear and have a go? i cant remember which game but it was an absolute pearler of a spray and it was pretty much said exactly how we all were saying it in our seats at the big lump. about half the spray was picked up by the mics. loved it.

Not even going to bother reading what would clearly be drivel.

My prediction for 2013.....Bulldogs to miss the 8 and She-Rex to be as about as effective as he was this year.

Sit back and watch the Doggies supporters hurl abuse at him while we p*ss ourselves laughing.

Seriously can't wait.

Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:

That's a worrying sign.

You're an idiot, Ryan. Sorry, but I just have to say that given the simplistic notion you've just presented here.

Des got little more than inconsistant and flat performances out of T-Rex for 2.5 years before Williams had his good run at the backend of 2011. Should we blame Des for taking so long? Maybe you'd prefer to blame the Assistant Coach at the time?

Or perhaps the issue, in this case, is the individual. Given the downs and ups we've dealt with from Williams in our colours, it was disrespectful for T-Rex to hint that Des will get the most out of him, when clearly he couldn't over the vast majority of his time under him previously.

I find it funny that some people are unable to construct a healthy debate without regressing to name calling, but whatever rocks your boat.

It may be simplistic in your opinion, but think about this broadly, rather than through a silo.

If Johnathan Thurston claimed he felt disinterested at times in his football at Nth QLD throughout the year, we'd be labeling him in not such a happy light (rightly so), but people would also question Neil Henry's part in this scenario/situation.

The only reason people who question the exact same thing when it applies to a Manly player, is because your only open to one scenario, which cannot see a fault, or room for improvement in one's own backyard.

I repeat, I am, and will continue to be a firm believer in the strength of our roster. That, in itself should be reason enough for our great players to succeed. But is it, or is it not in part a coaches role to drive motivation and culture (understanding, the drive would primarily come from the player)?

Was I frustrated with Des Hasler's inability to get the best out of Williams consistently? Hell yes. It peeved me no end. At the same time, I never read that words from the horses mouth, that he was unmotivated and/or disinterested.

It's not a good sign. I don't see how that opinion makes one an idiot, so please reply with respect, as I have shown in this.

To be fair Ryan he is hardly going to come out and say he was not motivated when he was still at the club - it would suit the media spin

Yes it was hard for de$ to get the best out of trex because he didn't use him right. All that time on the wing was terrible.

Ryan said:
Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:

That's a worrying sign.

I find it funny that some people are unable to construct a healthy debate without regressing to name calling, but whatever rocks your boat.

It may be simplistic in your opinion, but think about this broadly, rather than through a silo.

If Johnathan Thurston claimed he felt disinterested at times in his football at Nth QLD throughout the year, we'd be labeling him in not such a happy light (rightly so), but people would also question Neil Henry's part in this scenario/situation.

The only reason people who question the exact same thing when it applies to a Manly player, is because your only open to one scenario, which cannot see a fault, or room for improvement in one's own backyard.

I repeat, I am, and will continue to be a firm believer in the strength of our roster. That, in itself should be reason enough for our great players to succeed. But is it, or is it not in part a coaches role to drive motivation and culture (understanding, the drive would primarily come from the player)?

Was I frustrated with Des Hasler's inability to get the best out of Williams consistently? Hell yes. It peeved me no end. At the same time, I never read that words from the horses mouth, that he was unmotivated and/or disinterested.

It's not a good sign. I don't see how that opinion makes one an idiot, so please reply with respect, as I have shown in this.

I called you an idiot and then gave you the measured response to counter your comment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've previously been keen on questioning Toovey's worth as a coach already this year. If this is the case, then to me you've lazily grabbed Williams comment re: 'motivation' and used it to further fuel your concerns.

Problem with that issue is that the club has just re-signed a host of big name players and others that have been moved on are reportedly disappointed to be leaving the joint. Does that sound like a club suffering motivation issues based on the coach (and/or his staff)?

Williams has been the only player to suggest a lack of motivation (or heart) out of this entire squad from last year, but you want to start death riding Toovey's abilities as head coach (again).

It is a weak connection and hardly the sort of evidence to base an attack on. To do so would indicate to me that perhaps you are the one with tunnel-vision on this matter, to the detriment of considering the bigger picture.

Perhaps the simple explaination to his form is the most likely. Injury, suspension and contract negotiations + general lack of consistancy = tough year for a mentally soft player to make an impact.

got nothing to do with Toovs. 1st graders should be up and not need a coach to get them interested. The rest of the squad didn't seem to have this problem, leads me to think it's player related. Too bad Trex couldn't buy into the manly culture.

If the T Rex cant get inspired by the most passionate and inspirational leader in Toovs then i think Rex has lost his T

Ryan there must have been 1000 posts on this forum during 2010 and most of 2011 saying that TRex lacked motivation. Is that a worrying sign for the Dogs?

A different sport but this is worth a read re the media and sensationalism

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/8345217/Mediawatch

The Daily Mail is perhaps the only business that relies on people actively disliking them to generate income. They write something that under any other banner would be dismissed as extreme trolling, put it out into the wide world for people to get outraged about, and then they watch the hits pour in.

Jones on stealing boyfriends' semen, Moir on Stephen Gately, Brick on her irrepressible beauty and now Durham on Leo Messi.

The SHOUTsport favourite writes in his opening column for the Mail's website: 'Never thought I'd say it but I'm disappointed in Lionel Messi. The best player on the planet, arguably the best player of all time, I'd happily pay a small fortune to watch him play.

'But why sign again at Barcelona? Messi has won everything at Barcelona, there's nothing left to do there. So why not come to the Premier League so we can find out if he can do it out of his comfort zone?

'His new contract takes him beyond the age of 30 so we will never see Messi at his peak playing anywhere else but Barcelona. Scoring and winning has become easy at Barcelona for Messi. I wish he had accepted the challenge of signing for an English side. Is he scared of Stoke?

'Lionel Messi - bottler.'

Don't get annoyed, don't be angry, don't treat it as a serious opinion from a serious journalist and for f*ck's sake don't read it and then send the link to your friends asking them to be similarly outraged.

Chances are Mediawatch will be reading them all, so you don't have to bother. As a friend of ours said recently, if nothing else we're a way to avoid oblique hit-based endorsement of media outlets with questionable political views. Cherish us.

MadMarcus said:
Ryan there must have been 1000 posts on this forum during 2010 and most of 2011 saying that TRex lacked motivation. Is that a worrying sign for the Dogs?

^ This. Can't wait for Ryans explanation. My guess is that it was Tooves fault as well.

the mauler said:
MadMarcus said:

^ This. Can't wait for Ryans explanation. My guess is that it was Tooves fault as well.

Did you not read my earlier response in this thread. Read the second last paragraph.

Also, yes, if Hasler cannot get consistent effort out of what is a 1/2 a million dollar player, I would think I, and many, many others would be rather critical of that fact on both player, AND coach.

In fact, I'm pretty sure many of you would be readily getting up Des if Williams flounders (which I hope he does).

I think what Williams was quoted as saying, is very disrespectful of Toovey, but at the same time, I think it's a concern.

ANY coach has to have his entire team motivated, even in the worst circumstances. That, or they have to at least attempt to do so.

I'm surprised people don't agree with that sentiment.

I cant take anything Williams says seriously, he did promise to finish on a high at Manly in 2012 giving 100% prior to THAT Storm debacle. He was possably the worst player on the field & definately the most disinterested.
To be fair on Toovey I have seen many games even after making rep level, where Williams performed exactly the same under Hasler. Its part of Williams baggage known commonly as inconsistency. He will be the same at Dogs & when he does make a few devestating runs ppl will claim its under des guidance but when he capitulates into a non event the next game Des will of course have NO fault in it.
Bottom line it comes down to the player, yes he can be great impact or a big waste of space, this has not changed since day 1 & wont anytime soon.

Ryan said:
the mauler said:
MadMarcus said:

Did you not read my earlier response in this thread. Read the second last paragraph.

Also, yes, if Hasler cannot get consistent effort out of what is a 1/2 a million dollar player, I would think I, and many, many others would be rather critical of that fact on both player, AND coach.

Critical of the player not the coach. If neither coach can get consistancy out of him then he (the player) has an attitude problem.

I can't recall any other players consistantly unmotivated as williams was.

How many times did he talk himself up in the media. He can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8