Api no look pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Screaming Eagles

Reserve Grader
I've only been following rugby league for 40 years. Can someone with more experience and football knowledge please explain Api's no look pass from dummy half with 4 minutes left on the clock?

Im wondering if API is getting a bit too much of a smack on here tonight. He certainly has things to improve. Silly passes. Fitness. One or two dumb plays.

But he was a massive part of the win as well. Plenty of positives there.

Big forwards ran at him all night long. His defensive technique was spot on.

He was in every thing I'd love to know his stats. His tackle count must have been up there. He steered us around the park as well.

He needs to get better. But I wouldn't be sending him to reserves just yet.

Im wondering if API is getting a bit too much of a smack on here tonight. He certainly has things to improve. Silly passes. Fitness. One or two dumb plays.

But he was a massive part of the win as well. Plenty of positives there.

Big forwards ran at him all night long. His defensive technique was spot on.

He was in every thing I'd love to know his stats. His tackle count must have been up there. He steered us around the park as well.

He needs to get better. But I wouldn't be sending him to reserves just yet.
I agree, he's defence was fantastic, but the Hooker needs to be the smartest guy in the team and to see that no look pass makes me concerned. He also needs to improve his passing from dummy half

I agree, he's defence was fantastic, but the Hooker needs to be the smartest guy in the team and to see that no look pass makes me concerned. He also needs to improve his passing from dummy half
I would call it youthful stupidity, but I'm old so what would I know.

Bottom line with Api is that he is simply NOT a dummy half's shoelaces. He is great defensively and goes Ok at 5/8th, but a top shelf hooker he is not. I too am looking forward to getting Matty Parcell back in the dummy half role.

We had parcel matai walker and snake out as well as BJ. Even disregarding snake on form, those additions make for a more cohesive attack. Can't wait till there are the troops to play Api off the bench every week.

He adds a lot of spark but he's almost a rocks or diamonds type player. Pulls off the big play but just as easily will put the side under pressure with a poor option.

Bench spot for him as a utility. Brown gone as soon as we have Walker back

I know Jamie Buhrer is playing well in the back row. BUt i honestly think he is our best hooker in our squad ! He has come out and expressed his desire to play hooker as his favoured position.

I would like Blake Leary to be given good chance as a starting backrower ( Jamie Buhrer position ) and Jamie Buhrer taking the full time no 9

Just my opinion

The pass was not necessary, we should learn from the panthers games and close games down.

Api played well but fatigue must of kicked in there, so Parcell must be there too to keep up the tempo and other teams guessing.

Leary lost me as soon as he did that
I know Jamie Buhrer is playing well in the back row. BUt i honestly think he is our best hooker in our squad ! He has come out and expressed his desire to play hooker as his favoured position.

I would like Blake Leary to be given good chance as a starting backrower ( Jamie Buhrer position ) and Jamie Buhrer taking the full time no 9

Just my opinion
Leary lost me as soon as he attempted that chip and chase earlier in the season. And then giving away the penalty against the Warriors was a stupid move

I'm reminded of a time circa 2004 or 2005 when we had Monaghan in halfback, minutes to spare he puts in a terrible grubbed in our own half and blew any chance we had of winning the game.

A statement from someone at the club was to the effect of "that kick is an illustration of exactly why he is not a halfback and won't be our long term option"

If Api does that again and does it again then in my view his chances to play in such an important role should be extremely limited!
You simply can't be given that much rope in today's game and in a pivotal spot like hooker

He started to make poor decisions in the latter stages of the second half. Fatigue must be a massive issue for him. Once Parcell is back it won't be as much of an issue.

Leary lost me as soon as he did that

Leary lost me as soon as he attempted that chip and chase earlier in the season. And then giving away the penalty against the Warriors was a stupid move
I still like him. Agree they were really dumb things but I think he has a lack of confidence this year because Barrett continues to pick Green who is impersonating an NRL back rower. Must be hard to take for Leary to see Green in your position.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6