1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apart from the fumble

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by GraEddie, Jul 28, 2014.

1. GraEddie

GraEddie Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    The Kingdog just went straight and hard yesterday…a lot of people calling for him to be dropped, but with him injury free and Gifty coming back soon it will definitely add that toughness to the side for the bigger games come finals times. That warriors side is huge and Kingdog didn't even shirk one bit…

• Like Like x 3
  2. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    I agree. King really stood up for us yesterday. His best performance since the early rounds. I think we needed his size against those huge Kiwis as well.
    Keep it up Kingy.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Thought he was very strong against the goons too.

4. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Yep he's the mongrel front rower I've been talking about. We've been missing it.

5. Av8r

Av8r Active Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 10
    I don't understand the negativity he cops. He always has a good go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    It's got more to do with the amount of games he plays rather than how he plays them. I'm a fan though and always have been.

7. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Yeah for the flaws of guys like King and Choc, the confidence and experience (and mongrel, yes) they bring to the group is crucial.

IF it's to be King dog's last year (as it perhaps should be) a premiership would be the perfect swansong (or eagle rock to be exact).

I think the ticking-clock on the core group, Gift and King in particular, is driving them as much as ever.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    If fit King, Gift and Brett are straight in to the side.

We came back last week when the Kingdog came on

Unfortunately these days we only get about 50 games a year between them.

Quite a sizable chunk of the cap to have on the sidelines, one of the reasons we had to let gift go unfortunately.

This is why the long serving player allowance should not be capped at 300K per team

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Long serving cap should be $300k for each player that has served 10 years with the same club.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    King is just what we need. He needs a few games under his belt before he starts firing like he is now. The trouble is he has been getting injured just as he starts to come good.

It's a vicious circle. Hopefully one he can break for the remainder of the season.

Also, he's one of those types of forward that genuinely gets "tougher" as he ages.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    It probably is Kingy's last season, so he would give it everything he has got :angel:

12. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    The fumble? Are you talking about Choc?
    Another starring effort on the third tackle into the game. Lost ball, they score on the next set of six.
    Drop the ball in the play-the-ball. Loss of possession.
    The fourth man into the tackle and drive the ball-carrier & three of our blokes 15 metres- straight across field.

Every player makes mistakes but Choc's are a repeat in every game. He doesn't learn.

13. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Granted to first one was no good but i don't think the second one was entirely his fault. And whats wrong with driving someone across field?

14. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Glad someone said it. Can't stand the confounded look he put's on his face when he get's penalised for playing the ball incorrectly.

Hopefully his media ban lasts for the rest of the season as well.
    [hr]
    Oh, and well done the Kingman, great game. Nobody would deserve a GF appearance more than him.

15. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    A Grand Final appearance , a Premiership ring , and announce your retirement all on the same night...... Has a nice ring to it doesn't it ???

• Like Like x 2