Anyone Worried About the Ref?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I am a big believer in history in League. For exampe certain clubs find it impossible to beat others no matter where they stand on the table. (Eg NSW Waratahs and QLD Reds). For instance I think that Melbourne may struggle against St G as they just don't win in the Gong.

Manly have only lost to the Sharks 4 times at Brookie since 1974 but what worries me is that we have only won once under Simpkins in the past five seasons or so.

Can we beat the Ref as well to win? What is it about his style that makes us struggle? Is this statistic only relevant as we have been hopeless against everyone over the past five years and would be lucky to beat Tumbarumba Preschool XIII let alone a decent team?? !wall:
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Fisrt things first.

Waratahs and reds play union not league.

Secondly - one of your traditions obviously must be broken. So we are back to where we stood before this - manly vs cronulla

If you're good enough, it doesn't matter who the Ref is.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Mar 18 2005, 05:00PM ]</span>

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone at the club might have made a whispered phone call to someone at the Manly Daily.

If so, it's a master stroke. This speculation just ups the ante on Simpkins and there is every chance there'll be that tiny little ? in the back of his brain which might see the odd 50/50 go our way.

Especially if the crowd gets on his back by chanting 0-14.

You boys at the ground - are you going to do your part? :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4