Anyone still concerned with the attack?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
Despite the win... Souths were their for a 50 pt haul again.. but imo we were flat and very boring in attack. We have beaten 2 mediocre teams and lost to 2 half decent teams.

Big test on friday.. Are you worried?

I'm not convinced that we are travelling well enough to really test Melbourne. Sure it's good to go into the game with two wins under our belt, but lets face it the opposition on both occasions was pretty ordinary. Easy wins might be good for a bit of a confidence boost, but it really doesn't do anything for our need to really tough out a couple of tight wins, which we were incapable of in the opening two games.

The defence is looking OK, so hopefully things will click with the attack against what will be a much more committed and skillful opponent on Friday.

LeStrange was pretty bland when he was on, which stifled our attack. We looked much better when Ballin was on. LeStrange should probably be kept for the last 20-25 minutes to run the opposition forwards ragged around the ruck.

Also, looked as if the gameplan today was to keep on turning the ball back in to try and get around the big Souths forwards. Menzies and Lyon didn't receive nearly enough ball.

They were starved of ball, everytime Lyon did get the ball he looked likely.  Need to make sure we get him the ball with a bit of room.

Went and watched the 3 grades today, especially wanted to get a look at Hargreaves looks to have some potential but he did seem to go missing a little bit, played the whole game though.  He runs hard, hit hard and seems to have a good offload in him.

I thought most of the side was bland. Both our wingers played well with "Barney" being a standout. Stewart was great again and Cuthbo tried hard.

We need two runners supporting Cuthbo every run he makes, whether he passes or not it puts some doubt in the defenders mind.

I think we may have taken Souffs too lightly as some of our passing looked like we were treating them with contempt.

The dropped ball we conceded would have us under the gun against a decent side.

A win is a win but we need to step up a few levels if we expect to beat Melbourne.

Not hugely concerned, because i can see the basework there in attack, we have sme nice set moves and people running some nice lines off the ball providing plenty of options as well

Gould was correct, we did seem to just want to get the 2 points and get out of there, maybe MNF played a part in that coz most teams are below par following a MNF game

Have to disagree with the above comment about L'Estrange, i actually thought he was pretty good and outperformed Ballin. He is very sharp out of dummy half.

Standouts for me were Cuthbertson, Bani, Robertson and Bryant, all based on the effort you could see being put in from them, Perry was reasonably strong as well

Not the greatest performance, but we got away with the 2 points and unscathed for the big match on Friday, and picked up 5th-6th spot on the ladder. Our defence has conceeded 5 tries in 4 games, so that will get a severe test this friday, lets hope it holds.

it wasnt as flash as last week but there was far more depth and that alone helps big time.

As long as lyon stays at centre we will always have at least 1 option outside of a watmough line break

Being an old forward I hate to give any back a wrap, especially wingers(are they really footballers?), but I thought Bani and Robertson had a real go, took a lot of pressure off our forwards and ran,and backed up well.

We didn't get away unscathed. Perry limped off with 10 to go with what looked like a groin injury. He'd be doubtful with only a 5 day turn around. King was again solid today - that's 4 games straight for him.

Only caught the second half on TV, pretty unimpressive. Brisbane lost 28-8(?) I'm expecting something similar next week for us.

We played as well as we needed to. A couple of times we seemed to lift a cog or two but next Friday should see us more focused. I still worry that there is a lot of pressure on Orford as he is the main man, with no one to take any from him.

Did what we had to do and given we're playing 3 games in 11 days, why would you do anything more than you need to do?

Utility Player link said:
The boys better lay off the sticky spray they put on their hands, about 3 or 4 times they could not let the ball go when playing it.

haha, noticed that. On one play-the-ball attempt someone put the ball down and then simply lifted his hand, but the wall went up with it.

Downie that was Willow, I noticed that too

In patches the attack looked ok there were stages where the backs were recieving the ball flat footed & were getting nowhere.We need to beat melb at their own game & that is backs need to charge onto the ball by standing a bit deeper & running strongly onto it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2