Anyone questioning Bretts speed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Where are you now?

If he has lost pace how quick was he before....

Mmmm, dunnoooooo mate....for mine, when he got in the clear, he didn't seem to run....I dunno....as "naturally" as he used to????? Maybe that's just me.

For mine, and this is a big call, I liken him to Darren Lockyer. The more he loses pace, the more he becomes skilled, and reads the game and is a leader.

Dunno, I may be completely wrong.

I thought he looked v sharp

As for making slater second rate i think he made more errors than slater but had a far more positive impact on the game

before injuries he runs 5m clear of current Brett whilst grinning and looking around...think how many time you have seen that.

He is still very quick now but was about 10% quicker before his knee injuries. He did some great stuff tonight but also a few fumbles which has been happening a little bit lately. I think he has contract negotiations in the back of his mind.

Bretts effort to get the ball over the line for his 1st try was outstanding. I reckon Carney's effort to the ball to Brett in pretty heavy traffice was great as well.

Brett did have a case of the fumbles tonight close to the line when gathering kicks, he can probably count himself lucky they didnt result in a Qld try.

As for Brett's pace Boyd was the only one who made any impression on him he was running away from the others.

easier to run without the ball than with the ball which helped Darius, but darius still showed some fair pace to get close didn't he.

Mal Cochrane said:
easier to run without the ball than with the ball which helped Darius, but darius still showed some fair pace to get close didn't he.

Lets also be fair, Boyd is probably one of The fastest in the game. He gets clear, people don't catch him.

I thought Brett looked slow, then saw it was Boyd running after him so all was good. Not his 100% but close to.

Carney's pass to him was sweet.

SeaEagle007 said:
Yeah but if Stwearts knees were 100% and never injured, Boyd would never catch him only in his dreams

I agree man - Brett's pace a few years ago was light-years ahead of most. I remember most measuring him against Slater.

The Wheel said:
Bretts effort to get the ball over the line for his 1st try was outstanding. I reckon Carney's effort to the ball to Brett in pretty heavy traffice was great as well.

Brett did have a case of the fumbles tonight close to the line when gathering kicks, he can probably count himself lucky they didnt result in a Qld try.

As for Brett's pace Boyd was the only one who made any impression on him he was running away from the others.

got to give credit to luke lewis there, the line he ran to push boyd out wide was i think the difference between try & possible tackle short of the line

Ryan said:
Mmmm, dunnoooooo mate....for mine, when he got in the clear, he didn't seem to run....I dunno....as "naturally" as he used to????? Maybe that's just me.

Agree, it looked like he was limping a bit.

Wonder if it's a recurring or temporary?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2