Anyone get an iPhone yet?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I missed out on my 16GB iPhone by 2 people in front of me :(

So now I have to wait until next week or after for my iphone :(

did anyone queue up wait and get theirs? Or did others settle for the 8Gb?

Dan

3g!

THe US ones are not 3G so no point having them here since a lot of the net functionality wont work

It's also free on my contract and I need a new phone.

But yeah ppl at work had iPhones from the US but they aren't 3G so to stay with out network we are setting up for work they need an Aus 3G one

Whats all the fuss about this thing. I have an LG KU990. Not much a difference and a hell of a lot cheaper.

clontaago link said:
Why wouldnt you just buy 1 from the US and get it unlocked, much cheaper.

except you have to get it re-unlocked every time there's an update.

I'm waiting till my Treo comes off contract and by then the craze will have settled a bit and the better deals will be out. 

Flip link said:
Whats all the fuss about this thing. I have an LG KU990. Not much a difference and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Kind of what I was thinking, then we had Apple come out and do a presentation at one of our Bbdays conferences in perth and I was immediately re-sold on the thing.

For 1 the internet browsing is through an actual browser rather than a made for phone browser.

It's tie ins with contacts, email, and other major sites

It also being an iPod helps as well.

It is essentially everything you could need (barring a video camera, has still cam only) from a single device.

It also works well for my business needs. Apple is having a bit of a push towards the education sector at the moment with things like iTunes U and there are some particular benefits for me being part of an education sector software Vendor

It is purely awesome, crackberry fans will like it because it offers the features the crack berry lacks

Matabele link said:
Sounds like a false economy to me.  ;)

of course it is. Especially since it isn't even 3G and pretty much therefore renders at least 30% of it's features useless

funnily enough i use a phone to make phone calls, a computer for the internet and a stereo for music. I don't see why i would want an IPhone

I want one as I carry my ipod and phone each day so that saves on carrying 2 thinigs and I also spend a bit of time out of the office so being able to get email would be good.  And of course because they are the new trendy thing to have, I held of getting a blackberry to get this instead.

Garts link said:
I want one as I carry my ipod and phone each day so that saves on carrying 2 thinigs and I also spend a bit of time out of the office so being able to get email would be good.  And of course because they are the new trendy thing to have, I held of getting a blackberry to get this instead.

100% agree

Not to mention it is also a GPS device and so much more. It essentially brings all things into one and is great for a business professional as well as for the out of office fun as well.

If I were in Sydney it would be even more useful, simply because I hate lugging my iPod and phone everywhere, having them together is great. but having a fully internet capable and email capable device is a bonus meaning I can work without my PC if I so wish

If only we can integrate credit card/atm card tech into the phone then we won't even need a wallet.

Flip link said:
If only we can integrate credit card/atm card tech into the phone then we won't even need a wallet.

well that isn't as far off as you think, though I doubt it will be readily adopted because of how much that would expose us.

Next barcodes on our hands hey?

I watched a show not long ago about a night club somewhere in the world that uses microchips that are implanted with a syringe into frequent members forearm (for a fee).

When you order a drink, you just wave your arm under a scanner and they add it to your bill, which is them mailed too your home once a month.

Flip link said:
Just found it. Its called a verichip. Very cool but its apparently controversial.

You think??

I like a drink as much or even more than most people but bloody hell this is crazy.

What is so hard about pulling a note out of you wallet??

I'd rack up some sort of bill using that thing. I'd convince myself i'm on the piss for nothing everytime I went for a drink.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4