Anyone else on the chopping block??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Time to stick the head on the chopping block. Things seem so dark & gloomy & I confess - Manly is way down in attitude atm.
Here it is - I have no doubt we will win the comp again in 2012 & its not the Maroon & White glasses talking.
There are key injuries, low intensity foward pack, constant player exodus reports & the hangover from last years sickening Hasler saga.
As key players return & players regain focus this team will get back to last years best with maybe a little more attacking spark under Tooves who the fairweather supporters will love by seasons end.
Happy to cop some ribbings on my opinions & if I am way off the mark, be the 1st to rehash this post as a total dud.
Those who feel I am still drunk from last night have a fair point, but my opinion is coming from a clear head on btb titles in 2012.
Ok Fire away - I am officially on the chopping block as long as Jatz isnt holding the blade......:p

Gutsy effort MK.If all players return by round 10 and we get a good run then why not?it is possible but we need a clear run.Our draw from here is quite good.

As i said in a previous post our boys have the talent but do they have that little bit extra desire needed.To win a comp is incredibly draining and these boys have climbed the mountain twice and to do that against the off field odds is unbelieveable and we are lucky to have had them playing for us.

The Stewarts,King,Kite,Wolf,Lyon,Choc,Ballin all have one twice.Can they raise themselves for a third?

ps i am counting King even if he missed the gf.he did all the hard work along the way.

I'm with you MK. Maybe all this doom and gloom is what is needed to re-ignite their focus. Being the first non-News Ltd team to go B2B should be motivation enough though.

They have the squad and provided they get some luck with injuries from here on out, they have an excellent shot at playing in another preliminary final.

There have been too many examples of teams that start poorly but come good later in the season. They can do it.

T Rex , Gift , Lyon . 3 world class players to make a world of difference
WE WILL BOUNCE BACK !!!

You're hardly going out on limb. 20+ years of NRL history proves how hard B2B is.

Hmm, talking about b2b this morning sounds like you are trying to convince yourself.

Between that and the doom and gloom there is a middle course of sorts. Namely, a very even comp, and we remain comptetitive each time we run out. I'm sure that will continue, and if it does we will have an opportunity to challenge late in the season.

I agree - I'd rather have injuries now and have the players coming back for seasons end. I'm not panicking yet and I can see why we have lost 3 in a row but a few more of these weekends and it will be serious catch-up time.

Put your hard-earned on with the bookies and then tell me it is all roses.

Too early to tell but the next 2 games will show whether we are serious or not. Give it to Penrith & Titans and look good doing it and we are certainly a show. Leak another 30-40 points in these next 2 games and start planning for next year.

There needs to be a lot lot more resilience in defense. We must not concede more than about 20 points in these next 2 games.

ManlyBacker said:
I agree - I'd rather have injuries now and have the players coming back for seasons end. I'm not panicking yet and I can see why we have lost 3 in a row but a few more of these weekends and it will be serious catch-up time.

Put your hard-earned on with the bookies and then tell me it is all roses.
Hard earned on at double figures MB - odds not as good as 2011 but I'm
confident of a collect come October.
SER8 - No need to convince myself & happy to be judged later if its a bad call. Have a strong feel the wheel will turn as key players come back & confidence /attitude return. Not a fan of jumping on the train when we win 7-8 straight.
Like I say - repost this in Sept & serve me up like a hot roast if its deserved.

I am not in the slightest bit concerned.

If we 2-8 after 10 games I will reassess.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7