Anyone else feel relieved?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jabroni link said:
Based on membership numbers and FTA coverage, i think the sharks are really a better comparison. What are they getting?
How tragic to have fans using Sharks as our benchmark.  Says it all really.

better than not having anyone mata? In the end, the salary cap keeps it close otherwise Broncos would be setroying everybody, as long as we keep above water. We Have Brett, Wolfie, Lyon, Foran, Choc, Glenn, Ballin so not too shabby, even Matai  :-\

It's being realistic and comparing apples with apples. Comparing Brisbane to Manly is like comparing Manchester United to Aston Villa. Sure both have long proud histories, but Man U is going to get a lot more for its jersey. They may both be in the premier league, but one is much more marketable than the other.

There's a lot that has worked against us, mainly, Brookie and its facilities. The off field dramas haven't helped either.

We all get off on everyone hating us. It makes me proud. But from a business sense, it may turn sponsors away.

Again, brisbane is a team competing with only 2 others in the entire state for FTA coverage, and when 1 Queensland team has to be shown on a Friday night, Brisbane have a 1 in 3 chance of being picked, which is much higher when they are travelling well.

In terms of NSW teams, realisitcally, where do we stand as a marketable brand? Newcastle is a 1 team town, as is Canberra, so we can already discount them. Teams like Souths, Dragons, Dogs and Parra all have better grounds and more supporters/members. Tigers have the West covered, a much larger area than ours. The Roosters have rich backers and a top notch ground. Were probably on par with the Sharks and Panthers in terms of marketability, based on our supporter numbers, although each of these teams have better grounds to entertain sponsors.

Put things into perspective guys.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=186504.msg316818#msg316818 date=1298173497]
Quantums deal was over 2 years not 3

Quantums deal was 3 years,they pulled out of the last year on part of the contract
[/quote]

I'll go back to bed

And don't forget in all surveys we come in as the team least liked in the NRL.  Some revel in that stat.  I don't think it does much to attract sponsors outside the peninsula.  I think that's a big part of the problem.  Your thoughts on that Matas? 

We could relocate to Blacktown and call ourselves the Bogantails..
that might help increase our love..lol

Considering the costs of running the team a major front of jersey sponsorship should be around the $1M mark per year. In the current climate if we get more than that then I would consider it a success. If we get less then it would be disappointing. But, it is better to have any sponsor tipping in money than none. Hopefully it is for two years with a review between parties to extend it at a renegotiated rate.

DSM5 link said:
And don't forget in all surveys we come in as the team least liked in the NRL.  Some revel in that stat.  I don't think it does much to attract sponsors outside the peninsula.  I think that's a big part of the problem.  Your thoughts on that Matas? 
How many people genuinely boycott a product because of its association with a football team?  The only bad publicity is your obituary.  A savvy CEO would realise this and play on it. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186504.msg316876#msg316876 date=1298239937]
How many people genuinely boycott a product because of its association with a football team?  The only bad publicity is your obituary.  A savvy CEO would realise this and play on it. 
[/quote]

I didn't drink coke or a coke related product for 3 years in the early 90s!

Matabele link said:
And don't forget in all surveys we come in as the team least liked in the NRL.  Some revel in that stat.  I don't think it does much to attract sponsors outside the peninsula.  I think that's a big part of the problem.  Your thoughts on that Matas?  
How many people genuinely boycott a product because of its association with a football team?  The only bad publicity is your obituary.  A savvy CEO would realise this and play on it.  
[/quote]

Hang on, weren't you the one that called on everyone to boycott NRL sponsors products (ie VB) after the fallout of the Brett Stewart trial?

It must take an IQ of over 100 to understand that calling for a mass and targetted boycott is somewhat different to millions unilaterally boycotting a product by association. 

DSM5, I will engage with you when you stop resorting to simplistic generalisation.  Is the standard of this forum rubbing off on you too?

Matabele link said:
And don't forget in all surveys we come in as the team least liked in the NRL.  Some revel in that stat.  I don't think it does much to attract sponsors outside the peninsula.  I think that's a big part of the problem.  Your thoughts on that Matas?  
How many people genuinely boycott a product because of its association with a football team?  The only bad publicity is your obituary.  A savvy CEO would realise this and play on it.  
[/quote]
You think the obituary is bad publicity?  What about the headstone?

The entirety of your life is condensed into the one inch dash between D.O.B. and D.O.D.  

Two inches if you're rich.

Would have been good for the sponsor it it was done earlier - but this may have been contract related with the old sponsor. I was looking at Xmas for a new Jersey for the boy. Didn't end up getting one as I thought the ones out were hideous.

:)

Matabele link said:
[/quote]

I recently purchased a new Caravan. I explicitly ruled out the Jayco brand because of their support for the purple scum.

Matabele link said:
It must take an IQ of over 100 to understand that calling for a mass and targetted boycott is somewhat different to millions unilaterally boycotting a product by association. 

DSM5, I will engage with you when you stop resorting to simplistic generalisation.  Is the standard of this forum rubbing off on you too?

I can almost picture Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" TV program saying something like that!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4