Anyone able to help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i can't really offer anything really other than cash (and i got stuff all of that too)
but, i wouldn't mind paying to become a member.
$10 or $20 each to join a site we all enjoy isn't much and i'm happy to pay to help out. it also might weed out the unwanted trolls from other teams? but if they decide they want to part with their hard earned just to troll, well so be it :)

take the cash my manly brother......

seaeagles4life said:
Premium memberships? Paying members can access a section of the forum that can only be viewed and posted by premium silvertails. Maybe provide direct emails to members with something like silvertails news similar to the sea eagles news provided by the club with a combination of the many articles that are posted to the site, that way they dont have to sift through the numerous threads. Plus whatever else you can think of.
All good ideas but I wouldn't be offering you enough IMO. Remember as well that silvertails is more than a forum, it's a full website with lots of content on the front end which will be far easier to access on the new site too.

I am looking to source some further prizes and run an article cOmperition too. Should encourage new stuff for the members. Small entry fee of a few dollars and you submit an article every week that is voted upon by the other members of the comp. highest scorer at the end of the year wins whatever the prize is

Charge the Club for using your site as a vehicle to gain members.

They shut down their own forum and now use yours as a marketing tool.

The boat may have already sailed for this year but simply take a commission for a redirection from this site to theirs and a successful sign up.

Its ridiculous to feel guilty mate. Youre forking out $$ to give us the privelage of a Manly forum. 10 or 20 bucks is a few schooners, pack of smokes or a take away meal im sure everyone can go without once. Open an account and everyone can just chuck in whatever is affordable. If you can't afford a couple bucks then so be it no big deal.

Daniel said:
I sat down with Leanne over lunch and have budgeted some money out our household budget for March. That should cover us and I am going to have a month off the grog.

I think if there is any way at all the site can remain free to join, then that should be the first preference.

Also I understand why you might not be comfortable accepting donations.

So it looks like fundraising time. I reckon plenty in the playing group would be prepared to donate some memorabilia that you could auction off, or have as prizes for competitions. (Someone would just have to look into any regulations there might be around 'chook raffles' and the like).

If that doesn't work you could always try privatisation, not unlike the Sea Eagles had to. So instead of donations, you could sell off some shares in Silvertails. You can even keep the preference share to control how the site runs, after all you've done a pretty good job so far! This means investors are not making donations, they are getting some shares in return for their financial input. If it ever turned a profit, you could pay a dividend!

Failing that, we will all just chip in for your monthly grog bill, and also shout your lunches with Leanne. :)

globaleagle said:
hiya dan,
I'm kinda drunk so this may not come across correctly.

take the cash ya tosser, if people (and i am one too) are happy to chip in, then let us.

tis not charity, we like the site and wanna fell a part of it.

merchandise tis ok, cash better

ok

good

go to it then

peni5 teehee
pmsl :D

I'm just going to say 'Take the cash Dan" even though I know you won't.
Secondly, I think you should contact Aaron Markie...everyone know's his genius with the web.
He is the man. For the rest of us we can only offer the folding money.

If it comes down to a membership fee, i have no problem at all with this to help out. Dan has done a great job with the Silvertails.

What ever needs to be done, i would be happy to help out.

SER8's fundraising ideas could be a good way to go.

Chip and Chase said:
In case it was too subtle for some, here's the sledgehammer.

Dan's main revenue raising vehicle at the moment is the tipping comp. If you want to help out then sign up to the tipping comp and pay your $20.00 entry fee. Not only will you be helping out, you'll also be in the running for a great prize. Whether you consider it a donation or not is entirely up to you, for Dan's peace of mind and pride it is an entry fee into a tipping comp.

Don't just stand there, sign up and get your tips in. Dan has put in countless hours to build a wonderful forum to enable you to dazzle us all with your intellect and wit, don't make the poor bastard pay for the privilege as well.

This - I entered the tipping competition knowing I don't have a chance in hell in winning it, seeing as I've finished near the bottom in all the previous comps but knowing my $20 is helping out this #1 site for anything and everything Sea Eagles is absolutely worth it.

I know Daniel doesn't want to ask for donations etc, you seem to have great pride their mate but I say we all defy that and pool together money people have been pledging and offering and donate anyway!!

Agree with CC's idea of Manly pulling their weight in monetary terms (if they aren't already) for all the traffic they'd be receiving from ad links here from membership and so on.

Charge people a dollar every time they post something stupid and you will never have to work again. My first dollar is in the mail

The club has already been very generous in some offers to the moderators and myself. Larissa certainly knows and appreciates the value of the site for the membership drive and fan communication. I am happy to pour my money into the site and offer it for everyone. Most years I at least break even or the loss is negligible. Last year had some big highs for the site too.

I expect the site to actually turn a profit this year it's just getting it past this initial 2 months and the new advertising kicks in.

It's not pride about taking donations its I just feel like I am robbing people of the money and that I owe you all more. I won't have donations unless things are dire.

I am hoping to purchase some stuff to offer as prizes in comps throughout the year as well.

I'll always make sure the site is here and survives no matter how dire finances become and I certainly don't want the sympathy vote

I know it's a little stubborn but hey we all have faults. I think in the spirit of community that mentoring and that sort of assistance is what holds the most value long term. We all come from so many walks of life and know we can all leverage our collective knowledge and experience to help each other out.

And also re: Aaron we have held some conversations in the past and he was in much the same boat with OEE unfortunately.

Anyway the show goes on

Hey Dan I am finally back after a small absence and a family drama.

Mate most of us would be willing to chip $$$$ to help you out. The merchandise sounds fantastic but have you also thought about silvertails members T-shirts, these could be done fairly cheaply if bought in bulk.

Another idea would be passing a tin around on one of Mark tours or having a raffle on various items, it doesn't just have to be sea eagles memorabilia.

Chip and Chase said:
In case it was too subtle for some, here's the sledgehammer.

Dan's main revenue raising vehicle at the moment is the tipping comp. If you want to help out then sign up to the tipping comp and pay your $20.00 entry fee. Not only will you be helping out, you'll also be in the running for a great prize. Whether you consider it a donation or not is entirely up to you, for Dan's peace of mind and pride it is an entry fee into a tipping comp.

Don't just stand there, sign up and get your tips in. Dan has put in countless hours to build a wonderful forum to enable you to dazzle us all with your intellect and wit, don't make the poor bastard pay for the privilege as well.

This is the short term answer. Get aboard everyone.

A month off the grog.... To quote Phil Gould, Nonononononono!!:D

A grog free March for Silvertails users? This place will be all smiles and delight with no far off drunken rants

I'm happy to kick a little bit in.

Dan, why don't you make the site free but make the forum part of a premium silvertails package? $10 or $20 a year. Would probably keep trolls and Bourbon Beccy and her mates out too. Whack in a t shirt or a stubby holder and there wouldn't be too many not willing to fork out.

Grog free March....You must be kidding,,,start of footy season...I have trouble having 2 days in a row.

Prefer cash....lol

Frogz said:
Grog free March....You must be kidding,,,start of footy season...I have trouble having 2 days in a row.

Prefer cash....lol

I hear ya. Up here in this heat, not having a beer after putting up a wall, mowing the lawn or even getting the newspaper in is just hell

I read this site all the time but only just registered recently, I'm sure there are many more like me. Have you thought about asking the club to put a link to this forum on their website? Maybe e-mailing the Manly Daily with an advertisement trade or something? Or getting assistance in running the website? Not sure if any of what I suggested is even feasible but can't hurt. Link it on Manly's facebook profile and/or twitter, at their discretion of course. Or, you can just google on how to make a website profitable, the internet won't lie to you.

I think it's pretty simple...a membership fee....we pay $20 to be a member, and for that we get the site, a stubby cooler and entry into the footy tipping comp with a prize at the end(and I'd be surprised if we couldn't wangle a decent prize from MWSE).

Also would help to cut out some of the trolls.

The $20 could be $25 and it wouldn;t make much difference really

Like everyone else I feel like a get a great deal of benefit out of this site and would be happy to pay for the privilege. You do a great job Dan.

However I strenuously object to the dry March/no drunken rants suggestion. If the drunken rants were removed there would probably only be half as many posts on here (and probably a lot less entertaining ones). This would result in decreased traffic to the site which would be no good for Dan's bottom line.

Instead, my suggestion is that Silvertails users make a solid commitment to drink TWICE as much as usual in March. This would increase the quantity and entertainment value of posts, which would lead to more traffic and more advertising revenue for Dan.

Next time you go to the bar - drink one for yourself, and drink one for Silvertails.

You will if you are a true supporter...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4