Anybody playing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
As the title says, anyone running around this summer and if yes how is your side going ?

I am playing 2nds for my club, mixed season so far

Played 4 1 dayers, won 1 lost 3

Have batted ok in them, 44 in the 1st, 35 in the 2nd, 2 in the 3rd and a DNB in the 4th. Bowling has been ****house, only 1 wicket coming at about 6 an over from 9 overs, and I opened the bloody bowling last season !!

Last Saturday we played 2 20/20 matches

Batted 1st in the 1st one, made 144, I contributed 15 from 9 balls, and we then rolled them for 62 and I took 2/5 so pretty happy with that match

2nd one we made 133, I got 25 from 9 after getting a few big ones away, and they then rode their luck and got their 4 down with an over to spare, I took 1/24 off 3. Player umpiring cost us with their opening batsman LBW in the 1st over not given, then the bloke cleared the field by less than a metre about 5 times in making 70

1st 2 dayer of the season starting tomorrow

Yeah had a few digs.

40* and 18 in two 20/20's and a 35 in the normal stuff. 5, 54, 7 and 74 in some rep games. Pretty mixed. Wouldn't mind converting some of those starts.

Bowling's struggling a bit. Pretty tight, lack of wickets.

Having a run in 3rd Grade park cricket. 50 overs a side one dayers. We are 2 and 2 from our first 4 games, but struggling to field a consistent side week to week which makes it hard. Our two wins have been pretty good ones, one of our losses was a right touch up with their opening bowler taking 6 for 20 odd.

Having an alright season with the bat so far, 33, 4, 44 and 92 (close but no cigar !). Bowling has been pretty good, but can't seem to buy a wicket. Got a 4 for in the first match then have struggled, with only a couple of 1 fors since. Economical but would rather some more in the W column.

indoor cricket tonight.

Bowling loopy leggies up above their eyes, too much bounce to go long so can only get me to the side nets.

Try to get into the positive with the batting

We had a good day last Saturday

Day 1 of the opening 2 day round of the season, we made 270, knocked them over for 105 and have them following on

Quiet day for me, 14 with the bat before a ball I was trying to turn to leg popped and took the splice of the bat and ballooned up, and 0/11 from 2 with the nut, is just not happening on game day no matter how well I bowl in the nets. Was all over our club pro last weekend, who has played 10 years of County Cricket as a batsman, but get spanked around by 2nd Grade muppets

Have my eyes firmly set on the Crown for King 6 Hitter this season, won it a few years back with about 20, up to 9 so far this year and I know 1 of the old boys in Presidents Grade has 10

Bowled out for 188 in the 40th over yesterday. Top scored with 58, including 18 from probably the worst over I've ever seen. Was doing it easily then randomly get out LB to a ball which jagged in a bit and kept low. Very Katich like, minus the left handed part.

0-10 off 2 before being hooked by my mate the Skip who took 5 and was looking for the 3 in the 3,2,1's. Karma that he only got 2 and me the 3.

Bowled them out for 40. 

LOL, have seen worse than that Fluffy !!

Back at school we beat a side 220 to -71

Funniest game we played this season was our mixed side hammering a mens side 180-8 without trying too much, games like that can get bloody boring though

Have just purchased this beast to play around with, will be interesting to see how it goes. I suspect the coach will not be amused haha. The SS in the middle is a standard sized bat

[img=400x321]http://i119.piczo.com/view/1/b/j/3/4/3/g/0/3/h/i/1/img/i241853127_72055_7.jpg[/img]

not a bad effort for us.

226 to 133 in the end, each skin batted pretty well, 40'd to 60's

solid jub here with 26 with the bat the -3 from my fist over. game was gone after that so tried to rip a few leggies and got belted for 19 in the second

Bloody hell Kiwi how are you going to lift that thing. How thick are those edges, 2 inches ??

Will be interesting C&C !!

Have seen them once before, and got one on the net for $80 to muck around with. Edges are 30-40mm thick and the one coming to me is about 3lb 5

I presume my coach will not be overly amused by it and I will cop some ****. My normal bat is only a season old so will use that most of the time but will pull the Fatso out on special occassions

the way ure national side is playin KE u will get a black caps call up any day now :)

That one that won the test match in the weekend ?

Onto my side, we won by an innings and 9 runs, overnight wind  lifted the covers and was a bit of a wet patch at 1 end (I put the bastards on haha) so we didn't get on til 3.15pm but had them knocked over by 6.30ish. 0/10 off 3 for me

Ended up at point at 1 stage, 20m away. Our opening bowled dropped one short, the guy smacked it right out of the fat, and it hit me in the chest before my hands were near it haha. Had a shot at the stumps and narrowly missed running him out as well that ball

we got flogged in the final last night 196 to 107

only managed 14 and got touched up a bit with the ball

Brett Lee had a two year Australian career carrying drinks and cooking BBQ's

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8