Any videos of Igor?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
My 11 year old is obsessed with watching clip of Matai's top tackles over and over again. Granted it makes very good viewing but I would like to show him some of Terry Randall's top tackles.

Anyone got a clip of Igor to share?

A couple of his hit on Wests hooker Jack Jeffries from about 1979 would be be interesting.

The technique shown on the 1972 and 1973 GF 's would be a lesson to any youngster.

Randall was the best tackler I have ever seen, be it ball and all, around the boot laces, hitting the midrift or simply smashing the opposition.

Garry Stevens former bunnies player was great, and cover defence was Ron Cootes forte.

2 tackles on Ron Hilditch were he best I have seen. Hilditch running at full steam came to an immediate halt when he came to Randall who just bent him back and slammed him. To Hilditch's credit he came back for another go with the same result. Randall in the side today would seal a Premiership this year. Awesome player and a credit to rugby league.

silvertail said:
My 11 year old is obsessed with watching clip of Matai's top tackles over and over again. Granted it makes very good viewing but I would like to show him some of Terry Randall's top tackles.

Ask your kid if he has the address for the Matai clip where he throws Finch into the advertising :)

That was absolutely brilliant

bob dylan said:
The technique shown on the 1972 and 1973 GF 's would be a lesson to any youngster.

With no Manly on I checked out the 73 GF yesterday, that match was absolute chaos. It was back in the days when anything goes and the Sharks knew they would lose based just on football ability. Yes Randall features, he was quite young it may have been his first year in top grade. Manly's props O'Neill and Hamilton were huge, while Fulton sealed the win with 2 brilliant plays. The scrums were hilarious, the entire match was a running brawl.

check out that bring back the biff website; there's some clips of various hard men on there.

the 73, 76 and 78 gfs are on dvd and have lots of Igor on there.

The 78 dvd also has some footage from some of the amazing run of finals and replays manly had to get through. In the prelim final vs roy masters's wests igor does a hit on dallas donnelly who is taking a hit up off a tap penalty with the maggies on attack. It's the most awesome tackle of the front on 'get that into ya' kind I've ever seen (I was out there and saw it from behind. Igor was about 5mtres offside as he just went into a full sprint as soon as he saw who was getting the ball. Donnelly saw him coming. He was a tough bastard; I don't see too many players of any era concentrating on catching the pass with Igor pelting at you at full speed.

73 GF: yes randall's first season I think. allan thompson in the 2nd row in 72. also a tough little hard hitting tackler.

that summary pretty much wraps up the game ser8. Craziest game of footy I've ever seen. It settled down a bit in the 2nd half, but bloody hell! Peter peters wrote somewhere that lurch o'neill just roared at his own players to get out of the way and give him the ball. the 2 bits of fulton genius were the difference and the thing that raised the game above a kind of fiasco of violence: anticipation, opportunism, blinding acceleration.

nb: when rick bourke finally goes over for the sharks late in the game notice max brown (who because he had done some modelling was usually greeted by manly fans with "hit em with your handbag max!") runs across and belts him in the face as he puts the ball down. In the context of that game that passed without a murmer of surprise or even response from anyone (including keith page the 'referee'). Today we fret when princess 'accientally' collides with the tryscorer.

2nd nb: I just imagine what the game would have been like if mal reilly had not been injured so early on by a late shark's tackle. someone could have been killed.

The Eagle said:
silvertail said:

Ask your kid if he has the address for the Matai clip where he throws Finch into the advertising :)

That was absolutely brilliant

Steve Metai rattles the players bones. Randall shook the grandstands!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4