Any of You Guys Still Fit and Feel Like a Game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because they are looking for rugby league players down at Cronulla. Thats majority of their 1st grade team goneski...i guess the 2 year bans will kick in within a month or two?

IN an amazing climax to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority’s (ASADA) inquiry into the use of prohibited substances in two football codes, almost 60 players are facing possible sanctions.
According to a report in Fairfax newspapers, 17 players from Cronulla’s 2011 NRL squad and up to 40 from AFL club Essendon’s class of 2012 will be issued with show-cause letters as early as this week.

With new chief executive Ben McDevitt set to start in his role on Monday, ASADA are reportedly ready to act — 15 months after the ‘darkest day’ in Australian sport press conference. if the breaches are upheld then it’s certainly the worst-possible scenario for both the NRL and AFL.
The receipt of a show-cause letter is a preliminary step towards a player being banned and any player issued with such a notice has a right of reply. Should the player fail to show cause as to why they should not be charged, ASADA then places them on its register of findings. At this point the NRL and AFL will be expected to issue infraction notices.
Any player issued with an infraction notice for the use of a prohibited substance will face a mandatory two year ban.

more to follow

That's the major problem with the time frames here it was so long ago that sharks won't be the ones to suffer, the rest of the league will.

Still 17 players is a fair chunk!

I knew that a number of players had moved on but there is still quite a few still at the club, no? I havent done the figures, but guessing about 9 or 10 still in their squad

That is significant and potentially has major ramifications.
Looks as though it could get very messy too, with so many guys involved......Maybe Benchi Marshall got wind of it...hence the move away from the Sharks.

Bet some legal eagles are lurking with anticipation too.

Lord Eagleton said:
I knew that a number of players had moved on but there is still quite a few still at the club, no? I havent done the figures, but guessing about 9 or 10 still in their squad

I think last time i read it was only 7 players left.

The reality of it is of those 17 some have also retired or gone overseas. So its going to be interesting how they apply penalties because effectively the active players get hit harder than the retired ones.

As long as there's no Manly players, I couldn't care less.

Cronulla Sharks 2011 squad:
Paul Aiton, Colin Best, Jason Bukuya, Andrew Clayton, Dean Collis, Josh Cordoba, Luke Douglas, Stuart Flanagan, Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardener, Isaac Gordon, Wade Graham, Trent Grubb, Albert Kelly, Kose Lelei, Ricky Leutele, Johnny Mannah, Stewart Mills, John Morris, Matt Parata, Ben Pomeroy, Scott Porter, Jeremy Smith, Tim Smith, Kade Snowden, Nathan Stapleton, Taulima Tautai, Ryan Tongia, Anthony Tupou, Siosaia Vave, John Williams, Broderick Wright, Matthew Wright.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2011/cronulla/summary.html

AITON, Paul
BEST, Colin
BUKUYA, Jason
COLLIS, Dean
CORDOBA, Josh
DOUGLAS, Luke
FLANAGAN, Stuart
FRIZELL, Tyson
GALLEN, Paul

GARDNER, Nathan
GORDON, Isaac