Any gardners out there? Need some suggestions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Right I know the photo isn't the clearest. I will take one in better light tomorrow

But the back area of this photo where you see the palms, and fence etc. We want to filly in the gaps (Remove the screen fencing and 'Bogan'villia plant basically make that part at the back of the pool, into more of a garden as well as screening us from our back neighbours.

We were thinking of putting some semi mature Golden Cane palms along the fence to give cover on the fence line, but I am wondering if there is a better and cheaper solutions since plants of the size we want are going to be $30 plus and we would need a fair few.

Anyways if anyone has any ideas of plants and how we can get them in there please let me know!

backfence.jpg

Cheers
Dan

Not sure  but I love your spelling in the post - is a Bogan'villia a tree for Bogans. :) !!  My missus is a great gardener but not in the tropical climes!

no need to boast Leanne and I were just discussing it this arvo. We want honest suggestions. Cw the spelling was on purpose

I'm actually a qualified horticulturist Dan (man of many talents).

There's a **** load of plants you could put there however if you want mature plants to cover the area straight away you are going to pay through the nose for them. You should be able to pick up some 3 to 4 foot GC's for $20-25 though. Look for wholesalers who sell to the public.

GC's are good as they make a good screen but keep in mind they will grow to about 6 metres high.

Best bet is to go to your local nursery and just get the advice of the horticulturist there.

Also Mata, Horticulture mate not Horticultare!!

6 metres is excessive but I know they take a damn long time to get there.

Basically need something to fill in the back part. Might take the photo to one of the places here and ask advice like you say

Can't actually see a bouganvillia in the pic, but you want something easy to hedge and that won't drop a ****load of leaves around your cement pond.

Orange Jessamine is a cheap,quick growing,easy to look after hedge plant. Can grow to 3m but you can easily keep it to the height you want. I have a few other s at work but cannot remember the names off the top of my slightly inebriated head. Will find them tomorrow.

Golden palms are ok but do tend to atract the cockies and can look a bit daggy if you don't keep on top of them.

Thanks nodd (the Bogan) is to the right if you scroll across, whilst I like the plant, it drops too many flowers in the pool. I am going to head down the nursery on Saturday and have a look at some options the Orange jessamine may work.

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4