Anthony Watmough Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is Anthony Watmough Mature and Good Enough to Captain Manly

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Needs Moore Time

• Total voters
I like the suggestion of Ballin. He's very involved in the game, articulate, good with the media and plays a crucial position and he appears to have a strong future at Manly.

Brett Stewart is another obvious one, despite the legal dramas surrounding him at the moment. If he is cleared there, I would hope it doesn't impact his future captaincy ambitions. Although I'm not a huge fan of having fullbacks as captain. They're too far from the "action".

I'm not sure if Choc would even want to be captain, but regardless he is a leader whether he has a (c) next to his name or not.

Kingy is not as strange a suggestion as it might have appeared in recent years.

King showed again last night why he cant be captain!

Ballin showed he could though. I still think Lyon is the obvious and best choice

I don't think Lyon is the sort of player who would make a good captain. Obviously I don't know the bloke personally, nor have I played footy with him so I don't know what the other players respect level of him is. I'm just basing this opinion on his attitude to the game (walking out on Parra and not wanting to play Origin), he seems to have higher priorities in life, which is fine by me.

Kite doesn't strike me as tough enough for the job. Watmough is better off without responsibilty at this point, but you never know it might "click" with him and take him to another level of personal growth, but it would need to be another few years down the track I reckon.

The players and the coaching staff are the ones best placed to see who has leadership qualities and I'm sure they'll work it out.

Dan link said:
King showed again last night why he cant be captain!

Ballin showed he could though. I still think Lyon is the obvious and best choice

Oh dan... you knock the selection of king and back it up with a wrap for lyon as captain based on tonights game against the sharks... at least king was involved in the game... did lyon play???

Ballin kept us in it with his kicking game and ballin has a much better kicking gaame than orford... i'd like to see ballin take more kicking responsibility. Is B. Stewart coming back?? God, he's a good player

never based my opinion of Lyon on that game, but he didn't give away stupid penalties like king did and he is far more consistent than king.

King is a poor choice and is rarely on the field for more than 40 mins

Brett Stewart for mine if he isn't going to prison. talks alot organising the defence anyway. would handle the extra pressure. I think he will move into 5/8 in years to come, like lockyer. he has all the skills, the defence, and is starting to kick the ball a bit (last time he was playing anyways).

willstyles link said:
I like the suggestion of Ballin. He's very involved in the game, articulate, good with the media and plays a crucial position and he appears to have a strong future at Manly.

Brett Stewart is another obvious one, despite the legal dramas surrounding him at the moment. If he is cleared there, I would hope it doesn't impact his future captaincy ambitions. Although I'm not a huge fan of having fullbacks as captain. They're too far from the \"action\".

I'm not sure if Choc would even want to be captain, but regardless he is a leader whether he has a (c) next to his name or not.

Kingy is not as strange a suggestion as it might have appeared in recent years.

There are quite a few candidates imo - Choc is defo not one of them. Seems like a great guy, awesome player, but as others have said you need to be a lot more level headed/articulate etc. than choc could ever be.

I also like the idea of Ballin for all the reasons you mentioned, Joe, but also because Ballin seems like he's super keen to stay at Manly long term. Although Lyon would be a logical choice at first thought, but Lyon has always said he wants to go back to England soon-ish, so I would prefer someone who is more committed to Manly long term - Ballin is. Also agree that while BSS will make a good captain, logistically he's probably not involved enough to steer the boys around the park - Then again there are quite a few props as captains atm, so i suppose they would be even less involved than a fullback in that respect..

I'd also like to see Wangman captain, always gives 100%, super reliable, long serving - but as someone else said, he's probs too much "one of the boys".

Okay I can't decide.. Ehhh, if I had to lock someone in, it would be BSS. Ballin VC.

It amazes me how much people talk about how crap the media is and how full of **** it is, then swallow all the BS that is fed to them anyway

I like the idea of Ballin as captain and although Kite has been out of form I think he would make a good go of it also.

I reckon in the next two years we will get an inkling on who the next captain may be. It might even be one of the under 20 players that has stepped up.

I don't think it will be either of the Stewart boys but again a lot can change in two years.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6