Another Sunday game at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ayjay007

Bencher
Don't know whether it's been mentioned anywhere else yet.Manly v Roosters,Sunday 7th August,Brookvale Oval.3pm.

This is a not to be missed game. We always smash the Rorters at Brookie. Sell out crowd for this game. Get your tickets early. Sunday afternoon at Brookie, beer in hand on the hill, watching us go around. Nothing better.

I've got some excellent memories of standing at Brookie on a Sunday arvo watching the boys smash the Roosters, can't wait for this one.

You'd be mad to miss this one.

Never forget John Harvey getting marched early in the match for the Roosters against us on a Sunday the late 70's early 80's.

He was a dirty bugger in the Red White and Blue. Not so in the Maroon and White.

That's pretty funny.
My son is due on the 7th. The funny part is my family are mad Manly supporters and my inlaws are all mad Roosters supporters.
It's all good though, I have already decked his room out with Manly gear.

Congratulations in advance. Will that be your first child? Your life will be forever changed - for the better!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Congratulations in advance. Will that be your first child? Your life will be forever changed - for the better!!

Thanks, yes it will be our first child. We are very excited and can't wait.

Yea, love Sunday arvo Manly games:

- Sun 10th July: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs @ Bookvale, 3:00pm kickoff
(Lookin' forward to this one, ticketmaster currently says grandstand seating tkts to this may be availble from 30th July - anyone know if grandstand (any of the stands) seated tkts may be avail through the club earlier than this / soon / now?

- Sun 17th July: Knights v Sea Eagles @ Newcastle ISC, 3:00pm kickoff
(Already lookin' forward to this one too!)

- Sun 24th July: Panthers v Sea Eagles @ Penrith, 3:00pm kickoff
(Won't go to this, but lovin' another Sunday 3pm timeslot)

- Sun 7th August: Sea Eagles v Roosters @ Bookvale, 3:00pm kickoff
(Good to see another, will look at going closer to the date)

Then later in August we host both the Bullsh*tDogs & the Scum @ Bookvale, probably not Sunday 3pm times I'll wager as we are already scheduled for those others.

bob dylan said:
Never forget John Harvey getting marched early in the match for the Roosters against us on a Sunday the late 70's early 80's.

He was a dirty bugger in the Red White and Blue. Not so in the Maroon and White.

Of course not ;)

He would run and tackle with his forearm leading at chest height (might've learnt it from mal reilly); mostly got away with it but got sent off from time to time (wouldn't last 5 mins today). At the time I remember the rumour that harve was the only player beetson was scared of.

He was crucial in winning us the replayed elimination final vs the eels in 78. He monstered sterlo twice chasing bombs, scoring one and causing the error for another one. It was sterlo's first first grade game, put in at full back by jack gibson. It was some kind of baptism of fire. I was in the old sheridan stand watching harves pouring down on poor little sterlo, breathing fire and brushing him out of the way. Best day wagging school ever.....

remember it too Bob Dylan.Put an elbow on Les Boyds chin and he just shook his head.would have killed anyone else.Just a piece of trivia-it was crushers brother Les' first grade debut for the rorters.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

True True, it's almost as good as the day they move out of home.

Woohoo, empty nesting is awesome!!!!!

Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

True True, it's almost as good as the day they move out of home.

Woohoo, empty nesting is awesome!!!!!

No pants days..........yeah

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7