Another Shark In Trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
NRL player Pomeroy on assault charge

December 17, 2008 - 12:31PM

Cronulla Sharks rugby league player Ben Pomeroy is in a Sydney court, accused of punching a man in the face at a heavy metal concert.

Pomeroy, 23, was charged in May with the assault of 24-year-old Matthew Colin Cooper at a concert of American heavy rockers Korn at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on April 20.

In his opening submission on Wednesday, prosecutor Paul McGirr told Downing Centre Local Court Pomeroy had deliberately struck Mr Cooper.

"It is not in dispute that there was a lot of dancing and what is referred to as `moshing'," Mr McGirr said.

"It is alleged... Mr Pomeroy has... raised his arms... that some pushing has occurred in that particular mosh area, and that Mr Pomeroy has then approached the alleged victim with an alleged fist out in front of him at chest height."

Mr McGirr tendered CCTV footage of the concert, but admitted it did not show the specifics of the alleged incident.

Pomeroy, who was present in court wearing a pin-striped suit, is charged with assault occasioning bodily harm, to which he has pleaded not guilty.

Mr Cooper's physician, Colin Reid, told the hearing his patient had some bruising below his eye and the lower part of his nose was deviated when he saw him on April 24.

"It was consistent with a recent injury," Dr Reid said.

Under cross examination from Pomeroy's lawyer Les Nicholls, Dr Reid said any evidence of a pre-existing injury would have been visible on the X-ray taken on April 24.

The court will be shown a 10 minute portion of the CCTV footage when the hearing continues before Magistrate John Andrews.

I wonder if they will sack him if he is convicted., i guess Bird will be interested in the outcome

This follows on the drunk driving charge against 'what's his name', their half or 5/8, someone forgettable.  Oh well, Good to see the Gummies down the toilet once again.  And I noticed there might be talk of a million bucks for the Bird mess.  Cronulla should just fold right now and go to Adelaide, Darwin, Perth or somewhere else.

Pomeroy should be charged with bad taste in music if he goes to a Korn concert.  He deserves to be sacked for that alone!

I know Ben fairly well and he's a top bloke, he enjoyed my 40-0 comment every time bumped into him at a recent family wedding :)

The Wheel link said:
Pomeroy should be charged with bad taste in music if he goes to a Korn concert.  He deserves to be sacked for that alone!

Wouldn't want to see a Korn CD in your Mozart collection Wheel?

Pommeroy got off, which is good cause if you go to a metal gig and then go to the mosh, you should expect to get f-ed up.  Don't be a wuss

Ryan link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178984.msg204410#msg204410 date=1229510155]

Wouldn't want to see a Korn CD in your Mozart collection Wheel?
[/quote]

I guarantee you that Mozart will sell more records than Korn ever does

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4