Another one linked to Manly...........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Manly in the hunt for Kiwi international

Big spenders Manly are set to join the race to sign Kiwi international forward Kevin Proctor.
Tall forward Proctor seems certain to leave Melbourne and has been linked to the Titans for several weeks.
But the Gold Coast have been unable to seal the deal and suddenly Manly are also in the hunt.
With Bob Fulton at the helm, Manly have a habit of getting their man and could sneak under the Titans’ noses to land Proctor.

Now a signing like this would be awesome!!!!!!

Last edited:
We are signing new players like we have no salary cap

Have we now become the broncos or parramatta?

Last edited:
Manly in the hunt for Kiwi international

Big spenders Manly are set to join the race to sign Kiwi international forward Kevin Proctor.
Tall forward Proctor seems certain to leave Melbourne and has been linked to the Titans for several weeks.
But the Gold Coast have been unable to seal the deal and suddenly Manly are also in the hunt.
With Bob Fulton at the helm, Manly have a habit of getting their man and could sneak under the Titans’ noses to land Proctor.

Now a signing like this would be awesome!!!!!!
HaHahahahahah ....... Manly have the habit pf getting their man

Hey mate........we haven't really signed that many players but we have released 19!! Plus Matai & Stewart still unsure....The players we have signed wouldn't be on huge salaries I think, apart from Green maybe??
2017 Gains: Cameron Cullen (Gold Coast Titans, 2018), Blake Green(Melbourne Storm, 2018), Shaun Lane (Mid Season: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, 2018), Akuila Uate (Newcastle Knights, 2018),Jonathan Wright (New Zealand Warriors, 2018), Matthew Wright (Mid Season: North Queensland Cowboys, 2019)
2017 Losses: Jamie Buhrer (Newcastle Knights), Luke Burgess (Catalan Dragons), Fabian Goodall (rugby union), Liam Knight (Sydney Roosters),Jamie Lyon (retired), Feleti Mateo (released), Tim Moltzen (retired), Tom Symonds (Huddersfield Giants), Siosaia Vave (Parramatta Eels)
Re-Signed: Addin Fonua-Blake (2017), Martin Taupau (2020), Jake Trbojevic (2020), Tom Trbojevic (2020), Brayden Wiliame (2018)
Off Contract 2016: Rhys Armstrong, Pita Godinet, Nathan Green, Jayden Hodges, Nicholas Hynes, Isaac John, Dylan Kelly, Halauafu Lavaka,Brenton Lawrence, Blake Leary, Hugh Pratt, Tony Satini, Josh Starling,Jorge Taufua

I'd love this to be true but I thought it was possibly the Gold Coast for family reasons

If he'd come to us why not just stay in Melbs?

The Lurker reminds me of that story regarding the new stockbroker.

He takes a list of 1024 potential investors and sends half a memo saying stock X is going up and the other half a memo saying stock X is going down. When it moves he sends a memo to half the remaining 512 saying stock Y will go up and.....well you get it.

Eventually he has 32 people, for whom, he has been right 6 times in a row. They can't throw enough money at this genius.

Lurker's predictions are the rugby league equivalent of dice rolling. What a clown.

other forums in the hunt are saying he wants $700K a season - can we afford that?
We can, offered it to gillett. I know signings since then have occured but if this is true (which i doubt) it could very well be possible. ****ing kill me with happyness if true

We are signing new players like we have no salary cap

Have we now become the broncos or parramatta?

Have you seen the exits vs the arrivals. Nineteen have gone so far for five arrivals in Green, Cullen, Lane, Uate and J. Wright. Hardly spending big and there are no heavy costing acquisitions in that lot. With the likelihood Matai will be pensioned off, I would have thought Manly had a surplus of available funds. Nothing official yet on Matagi or Sironen

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
We may have already allocated money around for guys that will be announced once the calendar ticks over into November and the new season starts.

Don't forget - they will stagger signings to keep some semblance of membership momentum going. Or to reboot it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6