Another Monas/Orford report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
JASON AVEDISSIAN
07jul05

MANLY captain Michael Monaghan has slammed the door on speculation he wants out of his three-year contract despite the Sea Eagles vigorously pursuing Storm half back Matt Orford.

Orford and his Melbourne teammate Steven Bell are Manly's main priorities for 2006 and beyond.

Monaghan, the Sea Eagles current half, signed a deal last month that will see him remain at Brookvale Oval until the end of 2008.

Yesterday he ended speculation that he wants a release from that agreement.

``I don't want to go anywhere,'' Monaghan said.

``I have no problems with Matt Orford coming to the club or any player that management thinks can help us win a premiership.

``I want the Manly fans to know that I have never threatened to seek a release and won't be.''

Monaghan's emphatic statement comes after reports he would consider his options should the Sea Eagles snare Orford.

``I'm amazed that someone has written that I will seek a release when I have never said such a statement,'' Monaghan said.

``I love it at Manly. It's not my position as a player to tell my employer who they can and can't buy.

``If Matt Orford comes to the club it is obvious only one of us could play in the number seven, sure I prefer half but I have played elsewhere.''

Monaghan's manager Jim Banaghan also endorsed Manly's pursuit of the Storm half.

``I hope they sign Matt Orford and Braith Anasta and Ashley Harrison and Dally Messenger,'' Banaghan said.

``I hope they sign them all.

``The stronger Manly are, the stronger chance Michael has of captaining a premiership winning team.''

Manly will check on the fitness of representative pair Ben Kennedy and Steve Menzies later today following the Origin decider in Brisbane last night.

Both players have been named in the Sea Eagles squad for Sunday's clash with Penrith.

Byso - Candy has made a very good de-construction of this article in the professional thread.

You might find value in learning how to read between the lines, though it will result in a shaking of your rosy world view.

I have no problem with reading between the lines Matabele but thanks anyhow. I'm a cynical as it gets.

*warning .... political content*
Did you read Lathams blockbuster btw :p I suppose you think the truth he tells about your beloved ALP are "misquotes".

WOOF!

I have no problem with reading between the lines Matabele but thanks anyhow. I'm a cynical as it gets.

*warning .... political content*
Did you read Lathams blockbuster btw :p I suppose you think the truth he tells about your beloved ALP are \"misquotes\".

WOOF!

yes i heard Latham has some bloke called banagahan looking after his media releases now! 8D 8D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2