Another merger(Wests) in possible trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie4eva said:
Just another example of how mergers were a bad idea, Saints are largely ignoring Illawarra area, Wests area is being ignored, and don't get me started on what Norths did to us.

Theyre pretty much based in Illawarra and seem to have strong support down there surprisingly. Why they didnt merge with Cronulla is dumbfounding.

eagles2win said:
Been hearing for a while that Wests weren't happy with recent events with in the merger

http://westsmagpies.blogspot.com/2012/01/save-our-sides-protest-rally.html

Why post about the Magpies on a Manly forum -
1st Premiership game was against Wests
the name of the forum is Silvertail came from the time when Manly and Wests were leagues biggest rivals

eagles2win said:
It's all well and good to just post stuff on just Manly after a while the forum becomes stale and no one would have anything to discuss until something came out about Manly.

I don't mean to come across as having a go at you eagles2win but I really don't know why there are so many Silvertails members who persist on thinking that this forum is a "Manly only" forum. The website maybe titled "SILVERTAILS Many Warringah Sea Eagles Supporters Group" but the forum title is "Rugby League Forum" with a description of "This forum is for footy & Manly Warringah Sea Eagles discussion only".

Yeah i think eagles2win was just defending himself against someone having a go at him for it. Im with you two...who cares!

Napper said:
Why they didnt merge with Cronulla is dumbfounding.

Because it made as much sense as Manly merging with Norths or Souths merging with Easts. They absolutely hate each other and it wouldn't have worked.

C.Q Tigers. C'mon Gallop, if we can't have the Sharks, give me something. I just want to be able to drive 5 mins into town and watch the Eagles play once a year! Is that too much to ask??

Napper said:
Theyre pretty much based in Illawarra and seem to have strong support down there surprisingly. Why they didnt merge with Cronulla is dumbfounding.

At the risk of CC Eagle responding with instructions on how to build a bridge... :p

Six clubs were forced into mergers (all ARL clubs) and one club was kicked out of the comp (also an ARL club). Meanwhile, Cronulla (the SL club which has been broke pretty much since it came into existence) came FIFTH in the criteria that determined which clubs would be culled, so they had no reason to merge.

SL clubs were all so cashed up they had no reason to consder a merger. Great peace deal Whittaker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4