Another Lurker Nugget

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I didn't realise clubs owed some faceless knob named 'the lurker' any form of communication really.
not even a "wrong again nah ni nah ni nanna!" :finger:.....or possibly a "I know you are but what am I ?" :*

Oh , und übrigens , die Kuh ... sie ist sehr schwierig, nach ein paar 'sherbets'

Whether or not his claims are accurate, in this case I believe they are, he is still a nobody pumping out half truths and nonsense.

Last edited:
Snake is one of the best in the comp when he is fit unfortunately he misses a fair few games in the last few seasons and now we need to think of the future. I've spoken before about not wanting to stunt the growth of Tom T and I firmly believe that. He needs time at fullback like Moylan to develop, not playing a bit part on the wing.

southside tooves would have my support again if he did something, anything. While it wasn't broken sure don't change anything and we continued on our merry way winning. But now it's well and truly broken and he isn't doing anything to fix it. If we're going to lose anyway shoot a rocket up a few blokes and drop them. Give a wake up call and promote some accountability. The boys aren't turning up and we need a circuit breaker moment which frustratingly tooves doesn't seem to want to provide.
(edit) I'm not saying everyone isn't turning up but as a team we aren't playing well
Unfortunately there are now several fullbacks who are better than Snake. Please don;t misinterpret this: Snake is in my best ever Manly team (my memory bank goes back to 1960). But, imo, he is now behind Slater, Inglis, Dugan, Moylan, Tedesco and Tuivasa-Sheck.

Snake has stopped defending and running back the ball this year :mad:

Some of his most memorable moments were his goal line defense :)
Still remember that tackle on GI last year at the SCG :(

Snake has stopped defending and running back the ball this year :mad:

Some of his most memorable moments were his goal line defense :)
Still remember that tackle on GI last year at the SCG :(
Great at laying on a try but when did he ever run the ball back with conviction? IMO the single thing that kept him from being a consistent origin player. Well that and staying on the field.

Hate the lurker and love the snake but after all this B/S over the past few years and how it makes you feel when you look at your team you love so much i don't care who leaves. If snakes wants to go then go mate. All the best to you. Oh and your family.

Hate the lurker and love the snake but after all this B/S over the past few years and how it makes you feel when you look at your team you love so much i don't care who leaves. If snakes wants to go then go mate. All the best to you. Oh and your family.
there's still a few players I really care about. The turbos are really lovely kids and still give back to junior footy. I don't think I could cop them going. Buhrer for me is also in that mold because he just puts his head down and does the business. never kicks up a stink and just has always come across as a good bloke. Love Matty B as a bloke and a clubman too but I think we need to do something similar to what Penrith did with Kingston and segeyaro because you can tell he's getting older. In saying that he has never seemed greedy (money) and I would never want to see him play against us. We just need something a bit more in attack. That's my little list of players I love and wouldn't want to see anywhere else.

Unfortunately there are now several fullbacks who are better than Snake. Please don;t misinterpret this: Snake is in my best ever Manly team (my memory bank goes back to 1960). But, imo, he is now behind Slater, Inglis, Dugan, Moylan, Tedesco and Tuivasa-Sheck.
I reckon you can add Jack Wighton and Brett Morris to that list as well, plus the Warriors seem to have several every year that could be stars at fullback.
Snake, fabulous player in his day, but down in the pecking order today.

Snake can't crack origin yet we have the reigning World Cup fullback playing wing!

Snake to NSW cup and give Hiku the 1!

Umm nah

Stewart still set to leave

Despite flak from a few angry fans, there were no denials from either club following my item last week about Brett Stewart's possible move to the Roosters.

Stewart knows the politics and power struggle over at Manly have changed dramatically.

The 'old boys' faction has gone and the player many don't care for - halfback Daly Cherry-Evans - is now kingpin.

That is the reason why 'Snake' is looking elsewhere, even though he still has a year remaining on his current contract.

The Chooks are keen for a quality No.1 following Roger Tuivasa-Shack's exit and they don't come too much better than B Stewart.

Watch this space.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker-stewart-still-set-to-move-south-nrl-rugby-league-national-brett-steward-manly-warring-sea-eagles-sydney-roosters-trent-barrett-trent-hodkinson/1xwj3p5y5awp918nr072so3ulo

I wish he would just leave already. My LEAST favourite Manly era 2004-2014!

A lot named who may have better steps and power through holes and tackle breaks, but don't see any named with a better ball playing ability coming into the line from the back, not many are better positionally and getting the team organized from the back, and not many are better defenders either

There is more than 1 facet to the position these days and he still has most of them covered in most areas. I also read above that he has stopped defending these days, that tackle from behind that nearly saved the game in Nth Qld was up there with the best I've seen, right up there with a similar tackle on PJ Marsh in 2007 at Parra stadium

I'd like to see a bit more from Tom T outside of 20s level before I'm prepared to say cut loose 1 of our best ever. So far we have seen that he can jump and take a nice ball over his winger, outside of that he has only really had a couple of catch and put downs in his 1st game

StewRt is a stylish pkayer in attack and defence..he is all about body position in defence. If he can get where he wants to be he s awesome, but he isnt defence at all costs .some if his misses are soft and have attitude stamped all over it.

For me i dont care how good he is. If he is still sooking he is bad for the club.. lets sort the lot out this year. No carry over **** next year. Go through the pain now, and get it over with or it will linger and results will reflect. It has benji and farrah written all over it. If anyone else has issues get them out too

It will be sad watching brett in another teams colours as it was watching glen. But at least we only have to do it about 10 games a year

Great at laying on a try but when did he ever run the ball back with conviction? IMO the single thing that kept him from being a consistent origin player. Well that and staying on the field.

Agreed. At his peak I believe he had all other fullbacks covered in just about every skill except for kick returns which have never been elite.

I actually think Snake has become a bit gun shy under the high ball the last 12 months or so. For a bloke who must have gone about 5 years without looking like dropping a bomb, not only has he spilled a few but he's even backed out of contesting them and letting the ball bounce.

So after watching them yet again last night, is there still the widespread opinion that Stewart is past it and Tom is a better option ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6