Another Lurker Nugget

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to Josh Massoud, the previous management offered DCE one million, when Joe Kelly came, his attitude was that if GI only gets $850,000, and he's the best in the world, then there's no way DCE is worth one million, good one Joe
Should have stopped at "according to Josh Massoud..." Anything after that is just going to be garbage.

What a dumb comparison by Joker.
Half backs direct a game, whilst fullbacks carryout the directive.
Halfbacks are the most expensive and scarce resource in RL.@:cool:

Barba's 800k is the real mystery. How did Hook value him that high :confused:
That's why Hook got the hook.

This reminds me of the time that Snake was going to the Dragons, or the time Brett was off to the Roosters, and more recently the time The Prince of Brookvale was on his way to Canberra. I also heard a rumour that someone overheard in a cafe the current Manly fullback and leading try scorer saying he was off to the Titans. Done deal apparently.

Another one floating around today that Hayne is driving around in a Politis loan car, and if the NFL doesn't work out Parra can't fit him in with their cap issues so he will be a rooster

The sad truth of the matter is that we really have to offload 1 of our 3 ageing superstars in the back line - I wouldn't be wanting to make that decision!

[QUOTEMassoud's a legendpost: 697213, member: 9491"]Should have stopped at "according to Josh Massoud..." Anything after that is just going to be garbage.[/QUOTE]
True, Massoud's
The sad truth of the matter is that we really have to offload 1 of our 3 ageing superstars in the back line - I wouldn't be wanting to make that decision!
Hate to say it, but Stevie's the guy, but they just signed him to a two year extension, go figure.

Why would the Roosters even need Snake?

They look set to re-sign Tupou and have bought Burgess from the ESL to play on the wing, so they would have - Ferguson, Tupou, Burgess, SKD and Jennings, along with the young fullback with huge wraps on him Latrell Mitchell.

I can't see the Roosters wanting to spend big bucks on him, when they already have a surplus of backs.
The roosters love purchasing ageing manly premiership winners. It's their thing, I don't profess to understand it.

And, surely a manager could make a Brett and Glenn package deal, 3 years in England. Be surprised if Manly or Souths would say no.

Snake should go if he can't be a Team Player - just enjoy life without envying of others' good fortune. @:cool:

Maybe the Rorters can flick Maloney and get Foran there too to play with his mate Pearce - Cap is not a problem over there:cool:

So over these Disgruntled Manly Senior Players headlines :mad:

Roger Ramjet was only out by 2 years with his predictions :rofl:
Did somebody mention my name?;)
Snake at Bondi ....? As a stop gap player for a year or 2 max...maybe but a little old & too many injuries so he better bring his own private health insurance.

The newest instalment of the on going saga of " my manager goes running to the papers in order to put pressure on the club to extend my contract in advance ". Problem for Snake is we have his position well covered unlike DCE.

He's not holding the same hand as Cherry was - in fact nowhere near it at this stage of his career.

Another one floating around today that Hayne is driving around in a Politis loan car, and if the NFL doesn't work out Parra can't fit him in with their cap issues so he will be a rooster
Hmmmm..... would love to know how the rorters will fit him under there cap..that's right the don't have 1!

Latrell just re-signed until end of 2019.
They dont need Stewart.

Stewart still set to leave

Despite flak from a few angry fans, there were no denials from either club following my item last week about Brett Stewart's possible move to the Roosters.

Stewart knows the politics and power struggle over at Manly have changed dramatically.

The 'old boys' faction has gone and the player many don't care for - halfback Daly Cherry-Evans - is now kingpin.

That is the reason why 'Snake' is looking elsewhere, even though he still has a year remaining on his current contract.

The Chooks are keen for a quality No.1 following Roger Tuivasa-Shack's exit and they don't come too much better than B Stewart.

Watch this space.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...tt-trent-hodkinson/1xwj3p5y5awp918nr072so3ulo

The Lurker is on the topic again and stated "despite flak from a few angry fans". That is probably right. I think a few are angry. AS fans there is continuing issues we are trying to come to grips with. OK my point of view is that Snake is the best fullback in the comp, attack, defense and organising defense. I can see the situation that occurred in early 2014. It appears that is still grating him and maybe the DCE signing has changed the landscape so much he would prefer to move on and get at least another (2017) well paid year.

I can cop that. What I cant cop is the treatment of toovs. If we had a standard issue of injuries this year we would be in top 4. ok it maybe time for a refreshment in most areas but he should be treated like he has treated the club, with the highest integrity and respect.

....Despite flak from a few angry fans, there were no denials from either club following my item last week about Brett Stewart's possible move to the Roosters. .......

I didn't realise clubs owed some faceless knob named 'the lurker' any form of communication really.

The Lurker is on the topic again and stated "despite flak from a few angry fans". That is probably right. I think a few are angry. AS fans there is continuing issues we are trying to come to grips with. OK my point of view is that Snake is the best fullback in the comp, attack, defense and organising defense. I can see the situation that occurred in early 2014. It appears that is still grating him and maybe the DCE signing has changed the landscape so much he would prefer to move on and get at least another (2017) well paid year.

I can cop that. What I cant cop is the treatment of toovs. If we had a standard issue of injuries this year we would be in top 4. ok it maybe time for a refreshment in most areas but he should be treated like he has treated the club, with the highest integrity and respect.
Snake is one of the best in the comp when he is fit unfortunately he misses a fair few games in the last few seasons and now we need to think of the future. I've spoken before about not wanting to stunt the growth of Tom T and I firmly believe that. He needs time at fullback like Moylan to develop, not playing a bit part on the wing.

southside tooves would have my support again if he did something, anything. While it wasn't broken sure don't change anything and we continued on our merry way winning. But now it's well and truly broken and he isn't doing anything to fix it. If we're going to lose anyway shoot a rocket up a few blokes and drop them. Give a wake up call and promote some accountability. The boys aren't turning up and we need a circuit breaker moment which frustratingly tooves doesn't seem to want to provide.
(edit) I'm not saying everyone isn't turning up but as a team we aren't playing well

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6