Another Lurker Nugget

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love Snake. Hope he finishes his career in maroon and white. He is still amazing for us.
The old guard has changed and the kid on the outer is now calling the shots. I hope Snake rolls with it. When they work together they create Manly magic.

I would take this with a grain of salt, but it may just be on the cards. It's simple, if Brett stays he is happy. If he goes I guess he is not, for whatever reasons. The whole choc foz, gift, snake, matai saga is such a morale killer for the club. I suggest if Brett goes, it has run its course. But gee I will miss him-such a damn talented, exciting footballer, and I am sure why so many of you love this team

This thread makes a much sense as the below.
Ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong tiddle eye poh.

I personally would hate to see snake leave as he deserves to be a one club player. If there is still a problem between he and DCE, the club has made its call about building a team around DCE and snake will leave.

Snake is my favourite player in the current team and to see what he has achieved when you consider what he has over come is truly astonishing.

If it is true it will be the end of a big era for sure. However fear not fellow fans because we have a replacement for Snake that is going to light up this club and the NRL, I promise you!

Sad if he leaves but that's his call and it will be a stupid one at that , they all regret doing so ( as will Watamouth and $Forme) later at the end of their careers, ask Ronnie Gibbs, ask Fatty.

Happy if he stays but as long as the **** is left behind.

Be a man, move on, forget the power struggle and enjoy life!!

I reckon Foz ends up there. The Eels will get slapped with the points docking or something and he'll skip out to play with Pearce - I reckon they have held off signing Maloney for a reason. His deal isn't registered yet and I think maybe BA gets the punt because he's useless or something and Foz backs out and the Rorters are there to pick up the pieces. Plus its probably best for his family...
Foran is no way going to try and get out of his Parra deal, what club would be stupid enough to pay him the money the Eels are paying him?.

Sad if he leaves but that's his call and it will be a stupid one at that , they all regret doing so ( as will Watamouth and $Forme) later at the end of their careers, ask Ronnie Gibbs, ask Fatty.

Happy if he stays but as long as the **** is left behind.

Be a man, move on, forget the power struggle and enjoy life!!
Agree. Let it be.
Catch fish. If they're big enough, eat 'em.
If not, throw 'em back.
Manly, and fish, will still be here as the tide changes.

if he leaves he wont get a stand named after him at brookie, i hope this is rumours especially the way the club supported him through the multiple season ending leg injuries and court cases! He is manly through and through i doubt he will leave!

I reckon Foz ends up there. The Eels will get slapped with the points docking or something and he'll skip out to play with Pearce - I reckon they have held off signing Maloney for a reason. His deal isn't registered yet and I think maybe BA gets the punt because he's useless or something and Foz backs out and the Rorters are there to pick up the pieces. Plus its probably best for his family...
Foran is no way going to try and get out of his Parra deal, what club would be stupid enough to pay him the money the Eels are paying him?.
The Roosters or the Warriors. Roosters have unlimited TPA's and the Warriors were offering him a similar amount before.

1 thing is certain - ANY player who wears the Manly jersey needs to be proud, happy & have no negative influence as its cancerous to the entire club.
Personally Snake Stewart is my favourite Seaeagle, but theres no room for any more of the negative vibes that have already been a massive blemish in recent times - particularly a leader who every player looks up to.
To be fair to the Snake - lets not jump to a conclusion based on some journo's with a kicking average of 22%...... also its pretty calming having another future superstar No 1 in Turbo if they actually were right, the youngster is a freakish star who is ready now imo.

I'd rather see Turbo in the #1 next year then Stewart. I love Stewart but between the injuries to his knees and the sexual assault trial he's 70% the player he once was.

Fullback = Excess
Five-eighth = Missing
Forward = Shortage
Something needs to be done
Simpels, move the biggest back into the forwards (JT)
Move the best ball playing back, who can also tackle into 5/8 (JL)
Move the winger who is really a centre into the centres (PH)
Bring in two wingers who could be future fullbacks into 1st grade wing (CG, TT)
Of these two identify which of them is faster, and which of them is better under the high ball. When the existing Fullback retires/contract ends move that winger to full back. Move the other one to other left centre if applicable, and recruit new winger, from lower in club, Jamil etc whoever. Easy.

Simpels, move the biggest back into the forwards (JT)
Move the best ball playing back, who can also tackle into 5/8 (JL)
Move the winger who is really a centre into the centres (PH)
Bring in two wingers who could be future fullbacks into 1st grade wing (CG, TT)
Of these two identify which of them is faster, and which of them is better under the high ball. When the existing Fullback retires/contract ends move that winger to full back. Move the other one to other left centre if applicable, and recruit new winger, from lower in club, Jamil etc whoever. Easy.
And Bobs your uncle.

I'd rather see Turbo in the #1 next year then Stewart. I love Stewart but between the injuries to his knees and the sexual assault trial he's 70% the player he once was.
Running at 70% ,I would still take him over a young bloke still plying his trade. Don't get me wrong ,Turbo is GOING to be good ,but currently his defense isn't close to SNake ,even a 70% Snake..SNake usually stops a couple of tries a game alone ..

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4