1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Knight Charged

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Mar 1, 2010.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Knights' Chris Houston to face drug supply charges DAN PROUDMAN
    March 1, 2010 - 4:25PM

Chris Houston. Photo: Brockwell Perks BDP

Newcastle Knights second rower Chris Houston will face drug supply charges next month after being served today with a court attendance notice by police.

Houston, 25, will face three counts of supplying ecstasy and one count of supplying cocaine following investigations by Strike Force Welham.

Strike Force investigators charged Houston's former flatmate and former Knights teammate Danny Wicks with drug supply charges on December 16.

Knights officials are in crisis meetings to discuss the development but it is understood he will be stood down from all club duties indefinitely.

Police issued a statement this afternoon that at 10.30am today, Strike Force Welham officers served court attendance notices on a Kotara man via his lawyers.

Houston will appear at Newcastle Local Court on April 13.

Newcastle Herald

2. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Imagine busting your ar$e with the rest of your team for the entire off season and then you find one of your team mates actions potentially derail the whole season before it even starts.

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    May not be the last one either. Could be a house of cards once they go through Wicks' and Houston's phone taps and records.

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Newcastle was never going to make the 8, and now looks like fighting Cronulla for the spoon.  More names to come. 

5. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    Drugcastle

6. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Yes I wonder how the Manly boys felt last year.....

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    definatly living up to their name

8. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yes I wonder how the Manly boys felt last year.....
    [/quote]

I wonder if the Houstens teammates believe in & support him like Manly support Snake.

9. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    So who scooped the pool with Newcastle being the first team to get bad publicity then doubled up be having it occur before the season started?

10. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Glad he's not in my fantasy side. 

11. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I was wondering when they'd start coming out of the woodwork... I'm sure that won't be the last of them...

12. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Presumption of innocence anyone?

13. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Willie's brother hit with drug charge March 2, 2010

Les Mason, the brother of rugby league international Willie Mason, has been charged with supplying ecstasy in a Newcastle hotel. Les Mason, 31, was allegedly observed by an off-duty police officer giving another man a tablet inside Hotel Delany about 9.30pm on Saturday. Newcastle City detectives were called and arrested Mason before he was allegedly found in possession of another nine ecstasy tablets. He was charged with supplying a prohibited drug and conditionally bailed to appear in Newcastle Local Court on March 30.

14. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    The down side of this for Manly is they have plenty of the room in their salary cap and they will be hunting for Front rowers. I can see them make an offer for Josh Perry.

15. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    Ernie, that would be more funny than disappointing if they went after Perry.

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    It seems that it all started with Joey Johns, the self promoting drug user.  Got away with it for over a decade according to himself, so why wouldn't others get into the gear.  I thought I read somewhere that all Drugcastle players were interviewed by the club over the drug issue.  Smith should buy himself a lottery ticket, or did he know something to help him decide to jump ship.  Very murky waters indeed.     

17. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Dont believe for one second that it is limited to Newcastle.

18. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Strange that more will come out of this but remember both these guys come from the Dragons

19. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    What are you saying Clon - the trafficking/supply of drugs is widesrpead in the NRL or the use....

There is a pretty big difference between the two IMO

20. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    There's a club further north that has trafficking smoke blowing from it.