Another hollow threat from the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I read that the NRL have threatened to deduct points from the club that next has misbehaving fans....
What rubbish. If they were serious they would take points off the Dogs immediately. This club has form. Every time there is off-field trouble the Dogs are involved.
Why give them another warning? Two words: Todd Greenturd!

Agreed. They need to set a timeframe on how long they need to behave for. (ie if another offence in two years) as it is obvious they have wiped the slate on previous misdemeanors. The same idle threat was issued to them the last time they carried on like imbeciles at ANZ, plus there was the time they ran amok through Parramatta.
Des can't have it both ways. He can't be making sly, smug jokes about how he is going to get around criticising referees by calling them Voldemort, and then say it's not what his club is about when his players carry on like A grade a*#eholes to the referees face.

What's the bet that the punishment is minimal.

It's not their go after all. Seems to be a sufficient defence nowadays.

For sure the NRL will do nothing. The dogs will get a slap on the wrist. Nothing more. As if Greenburg would do anything against them

I agree. I highly doubt that the dogs will be deducted points. maaybe another suspended fine but the threats will be flying around, the dogs will do the mea culpa's and they'll all move on.

The fans....wont go to gaol like the papers infer. Probably a ban from the stadium.

Points loss is ridiculous unless the offence is by a player on the field.
No one can 100% contain a drunk in a crowd@:cool:

However Graham & Klemmer are a 100k fine easy. Manly and Scumos were fined for a melee, no Ref was abused :cool:

All a Club can do is bar someone after the event.

Greenturd will be on our screens all week . He would be miffed that changing the Ref's jersey colour , was not the master stroke that he assumed :p

Look if they dock us points then so be it, not much I as a supporter can do about it.

One thing that needs to be looked into is how the people in charge of pre game entertainment thought having Tim Omaji aka Timoatic perform before the game. I wasn't even at ANZ for the game but reckon I threw 10 bottles at the TV whilst he was on.

So come the end of the season when your team is sitting in 9th ,you & your mates buy a few 8th place team jerseys ,rock up & run amok..

T'was thinking the same thing. Shall have to stick with throwing octopi onto the ice rink!

......Parramatta coach Brad Arthur says rivals Canterbury shouldn't be stripped of competition points by the NRL over their fans unruly behaviour.....

- TVNZ

Well the dalai arthur has spoken and thy will be done.

I dont think you can strip points from a team for crowd behaviour but a hefty fine should be a no brainer and a bond if it happens again a crowd lock out and only members from the visiting side can attend would hurt a lot more

Points loss is ridiculous unless the offence is by a player on the field.
No one can 100% contain a drunk in a crowd@:cool:

However Graham & Klemmer are a 100k fine easy. Manly and Scumos were fined for a melee, no Ref was abused :cool:
You don't think as behavior modification other fans and friends would pull the misbehaving ones in. If they're true fans they won't want losses and lost points are equal to losses. Maybe the club will do better to control it with security if they cop a harsh penalty. It would certainly motivate clubs to control it

You don't think as behavior modification other fans and friends would pull the misbehaving ones in. If they're true fans they won't want losses and lost points are equal to losses. Maybe the club will do better to control it with security if they cop a harsh penalty. It would certainly motivate clubs to control it
There are paid Security People and CCTV, its their job to control the crowd - they failed to do so.

Other Fans are intimidated of aggressive people and would not put themselves at risk of assault.@:cool:

Bulldogs will never be punished.

They won't be while Greenturd is in charge. For all his his rhetoric about the league getting tough on misbehaving fans or clubs (which by extension means coaches and players) who question the integrity of the referees or act towards them like Graham and Klemmer did, shock horror that when his 'former' club turns out to be the first offenders (or in the case of the idiot element of their fans, repeat offenders) he comes out and says something like "the next ones will be punished".

Since he's been in charge the Scumdogs have been given a lot of leeway by the league, lead by Greenturd.

I can't say what the league would have done against most other clubs, but the way Greenturd knowingly hates Manly you could almost bet you house that if that was our fans or it was Killer and another of our players standing over Sutton yelling abuse at him.....he would do everything in his power to throw as much of the book that he can at us.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6