Another easy one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I was born in NSW.
I played most of my career with Manly
I have represented NSW and Australia
I made a Kangaroo tour
I played in 4 Grand Finals and won the Premiership twice.
I have been Captain.
I have been Coach.

no and nice one jjai but not who I was after.

I played in the engine room and I was a captain/coach as well.

Bozo won three Premierships, Thompson only played for Manly, Harvey played in 3 GFs.

I may have to give some credit to jjai for Des, as it looks like he meets all the criteria as he definitely played fours GFs, won 2 Premierships and most likely was captain in one of his 287 Oz games.

No doubt Arko is a great Manly icon John but he never won a Premiership, either as a player or coach, and he is more remembered as our finest club secretary involved in signing the players that won us Premierships.

when ron was playing for us we hadnt even won a title ..
i have to say it has to be the 76 78 gf wins plus the 82-83 gf losses .. so im thinking it might be in that time frame late 70`s early 80`s..

jjai link said:
when ron was playing for us we hadnt even won a title ..
i have to say it has to be the 76 78 gf wins plus the 82-83 gf losses .. so im thinking it might be in that time frame late 70`s early 80`s..
I'm thinking it's late 60's early 70's. Manly lost 68 and 70 but won 72 & 73

John link said:
I got it. Bill Hamilton.  ;D

Give that man a cigar and a Herman haircut!

image_thumb%5B2%5D.png

All the fun happened while I wasn't watching. Would have taken me some time to pick Herman, though, I must admit. When was he captain or coach? And who else do he play for - Norths?

I loved Bill. I don't think any of today's youngsters realise just how tough and dirty it was back then. To take a ball up the middle meant copping everything from knees, elbows, hands and fists in the face. I'm not saying it is right but you had to be a real hardman to play. And Bill, being a policeman patrolling the backstreets of Nth Sydney, copped extra and gave it as well.

SER8, he was captain/coach for Norths in 77/78.

Thanks for that. I too remember Herman, he was a massive human, not the quickest in the team, in fact he may have been the slowest player in the whole comp, but as you say he was tough and solid and always there. I was pleased for him to be recognised with that Kangaroo spot. And you certainly don't play 4 grand finals if you are a mug player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7