Another Banner Bandit!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back to my post today: I saw a bulldogs banner looking wet and the worse for wear resting against the wheelie bin outside the Commonwealth Bank as we walked down towards the brookie hotel on Pittwater road 15 mins after the game and made the joke about it to the other manly fan.

Q: what colour was it, what colour writing did it have and any sticks or anything else to identify it? Surely the photo taker could supply basic details rather than talk about how he'd take care physically of the alleged 'thief' if he was given any aggro. This photo was taken at the exit leading downhill past the eastern edge of the Fulton/Menzies stand heading towards Pine St and Pittwater Road. You can see the stand in the background.

Mr Invisible we take it on face value that your story is genuine, and obviously would not like the same thing to happen to Manly supporters at an away game - no fair minded supporters of any team would.

But the photo doesn't actually show any details and this guy in the pic could be a supporter for anybody's team - or support no team - or even be a news ltd journalist come to think of it???? He's not exactly wearing any team colours.

Would be good to have more facts, but as time goes on like the other one last year the chance of finding anything rapidly diminishes as you'd appreciate

OK last post for this one I reckon: mr invisible I've just walked past the commonwealth bank on pittwater road on my way home from work and no sign of any banner. That one mightn't have been the one in question anyway. Its late wednesday night so the chances of getting a banner back now are all but gone I'd say. Mate have a good off season. Go Manly!

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to get back to whoever owned it, more just relaying on the experience of another.

As mentioned I don't know much about the banner apart from what it said.

As per first post if anyone was to know him I'd appreciate if they didn't publically ID him here but just have a word to him.

Anyway theres not much more tat can be said/done about it.

I'll leave you all with a: Good luck for the final series, knock out St George and you'll earn lots of kudos. Daly Cherry Evans for Rookie Of The Year, and finally thanks for Hodkinson... he's really starting to warm to his new rule.

Thanks everyone for your posts on here too in relation to this.

OH and one more thing... envious of Brookvale... it and Leichardt Oval are my two favourite grounds. Hopefully Belmore Sports Ground can rise from the ashes one day too!

- Mr Invisible.

bones said:
MrInvisible said:
and finally thanks for Hodkinson

No, it's we who should be thanking you.

LOL + 1

Good luck mate. As said before by Wolfpack, its not one of the travelling supporters and we are the well known ones at the games. I've never seen him before. Probably a bandwagon jumper. Why? Simple, he's not wearing any colours. Smells of bandwagon.

If its a doggies fan, he's probably a bandwagon jumper on your side.

My advice guys is to contact us before you come to Brookie next year and we'll make sure you all get out with your banners safely. I don't usually say that as an option (and shouldn't ever have to) but seeing as this is the 2nd time its happened in 2 years, its starting to become a worry and something we will have to look at as a supporters group and as a club.

MrInvisible said:
Thanks for all the comments (both positive and negative)..

The banner was the "TANK" one, I believe "Frank the Tank" was on it.

The banner will make an appearance every 3rd week. Don't fret. It'll show up.

Another bandwagon statement from Jono. So now if you don't wear 'colours' you're a bandwagon supporter. Hmmmm. Looks like i'm ****ed.

Fonz said:
Another bandwagon statement from Jono. So now if you don't wear 'colours' you're a bandwagon supporter. Hmmmm. Looks like i'm f***ed.

You might be, but that is a very nice leather jacket your wearing.

Des has been stashing these ****ing banners all this time.

I knew the truth would come out.

voicefromthehill said:
So who was the cheeky bugger that copy pasted this on the kennel forum - MR I got a bit precious about it....

Lol that was ****ing hilarious

I wish I'd thought it up because that was gold, he must cry himself to sleep, nobody likes Mr I

someone sent me a link late last nite to the thread its deleted now but Invisible was going to try and get the poster banned on ST
then some his *Mates* told him to pull his head in

Berkeley_Eagle said:
someone sent me a link late last nite to the thread its deleted now but Invisible was going to try and get the poster banned on ST
The poster was banned because he was continually posting crap all over the forum trying to stir up others.

Second part of your comment, there was no such thing.

MrInvisible said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
The poster was banned because he was continually posting crap all over the forum trying to stir up others.

Second part of your comment, there was no such thing.
Lol so precious. You seem to like to think you have some sort of invisable authority I'll own up it was me :)

It's funny how that kickass fella comes on very humble and like he's a good bloke but you continue with your pompous rubbish.

I've wasted enough time replying to you but I leave you with this one last final thought.

As a great great man once said
"be manly don't be a dog" ;)

Don't even think of reporting this post
I havent used profanity or been abusive.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6