Another Banner Bandit!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah Jatz, that is correct.

That was a guy who has his "As Seen on ACA Banner" taken by a young Manly fan. Thus why I mention history repeating itself.

At the end of the day it's not a *HUGE* issue that is going to result in the end of the world, I really just wanted Manly fans to be aware that there are some trying to cause problems for the good majority out there.

Most fans I've encountered have been great, and you can have a laugh at the end of the game (win or lose) with them. But it's the troublesome fans that people remember more than the majority of good ones!

The problem is that there is a dickhead element across all clubs.

It was good to see big doggie contingent turn up on Sunday, most games this year for us you could count the away supporters on one hand eg Cows, parra on Modnay night etc - Friday will be no different

yeah right wheel, I went along with a bulldogs mate and had a fun time up on the hill near vidmar etc.

Lots of good humoured banter between the manly and nearby doggies fans as the game went on...jokes flying back and forth as the game turned in manly's favour.

Thats what it all about, not aggro pissed meatheads that you encounter sometimes

Fluffy said:
i smell another lynching coming on

Only lynching I want is Gallop on friday night....oh OK.... and Slater too :D

MrInvisible said:
Yeah Jatz, that is correct.

That was a guy who has his "As Seen on ACA Banner" taken by a young Manly fan. Thus why I mention history repeating itself.

At the end of the day it's not a *HUGE* issue that is going to result in the end of the world, I really just wanted Manly fans to be aware that there are some trying to cause problems for the good majority out there.

Most fans I've encountered have been great, and you can have a laugh at the end of the game (win or lose) with them. But it's the troublesome fans that people remember more than the majority of good ones!

It's not other Manly fans jobs to watch out for your property. Its up to the individual to make sure their property is safe. I'm not condoning what happened, if it did happen, but if you want make sure your property is safe, then don't leave it unattended.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Jesus some of you have acted like wankers in this topic !!

Too right Kiwi.

Sorry about what happened to your mates Mr.Invisible, although the banner is probably long gone I hope that none of you encounter any problems at Brookie in the future.

There is always a small element of twats who like to make themselves feel tough & ruin it for everyone else. From the look of the guy in the photo he is just some bandwagoning idiot, but I can assure you that if anyone in the Manly supporters group (travelling or at Brookie) tried to pull anything like that they wouldn't get far.

See this ****s me, sure their fans are generalised as the biggest twats in the nrl so much so that people don't like sharing a stadium with them, but why steal stuff I just dont see the point in it

Kiwi Eagle said:

Im just suspicious when other teams fans post on here, that's all. If it's genuine then its not good enough and whoever took it is a tool. But I just have doubts that it is genuine. For example, I can't see how anyone could steal the "Push It Up Manly" sign without someone noticing. Also, if you know the guy in the picture took it, that means someone saw it being done. Why wasn't he stopped at the time? It doesn't add up to me.

bones said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Im just suspicious when other teams fans post on here, that's all. If it's genuine then its not good enough and whoever took it is a tool. But I just have doubts that it is genuine. For example, I can't see how anyone could steal the "Push It Up Manly" sign without someone noticing. Also, if you know the guy in the picture took it, that means someone saw it being done. Why wasn't he stopped at the time? It doesn't add up to me.

All fair questions mate, and anybody has the right to question it. But we could be a bit classier than some of the responses put up initially

KE my post was frustration that we may have another tosser within the ranks of our supporters,read it in context

The pic has no colours,perhaps he doesnt like "tank" and indeed is a dogs fan?
Just sayin

I understand that,i just thought it should be known and not have anyone assume wrong and take my original post out of context

It is an anonymous post about something the poster doesn't directly know to be true. But he's asked for us to pass on a message if we know the guy. No problem there.

Don't see any reason to get defensive about what is alleged. Manly fan or not. It the guy did what was alleged then on the surface it seems he was being a knob. Pretty simple really.

If we took for truth everything written, then we'd have believed Benji and Brett were guilty of what the Telerag posted.

Didn't we have the same thread posted last season by a Bulldogs fan?

I seem to recall one.

http://www.silvertails.net/mybb/Thread-Stolen-Banner?page={page}

There ya go.

Looks to be the same poster - bull**** artist trying to cause problems.

Using this precedent anyone could post a picture of anyone and say they have done anything.

Having said that it may be genuine.

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=90855&p=2445705

The guy was walking around with the banner already, and tellings Dogs fans he was going to burn it.

I have seen the banner "Frank the Tank" which was the banner in question at other Bulldogs home games before now, but I do not know the owner of it. Who knows maybe it's a kid who owns it, I don't know.

Didn't we have the same thread posted last season by a Bulldogs fan?

I seem to recall one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.silvertails.net/mybb/Thread-S...age={page}

There ya go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks to be the same poster - bull**** artist trying to cause problems.
With all due respect if you read my first post you would notice I specifically mentioned "history repeating itself".

Absolutely no BS at all..

Look at the bright side. Doggies fans will have an extra 4 weeks over Manly fans to create a new banner for the 2012 season.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4