Another Banner Bandit!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader
Hey there everyone,

Firstly good game on the weekend. Anyway it seems like history is repeating itself somewhat. Whilst I'd like to congratulate most fans who are well behaved and just love a good time at the footy, it seems that some people really go overboard.

As a Bulldogs fan we've suffered our fair share of idiots in the past, but we as supporters look out for fellow supporters, and really make sure that nobody crosses the line, because an incident involving a Dogs supporter effects ALL supporters, not just the idiot.

Sadly another black mark against Manly supporters this weekend after the gentleman below (drunk) and his female friend decided to steal a banner belonging to a Bulldogs fan, and then proudly gloat and attempt to create a situation by telling Dogs fans the banner was going to be burned.

I was not party directly to the event (to be honest), I have just been fed the details as it occurred. To my understanding at the moment the Manly club have not been contacted directly over the issue.

Anyway if any of you happen to know the bloke below, perhaps have a quiet word in his ear to settle the hell down and stop acting like a pork-chop and trying to create situations with opposing fans. It doesn't give any supporter a good name and just makes you look like a fool.

Thanks for your attention and time reading this!

Cheers and good luck in the final series Manly!!

photowqt.jpg

A picture of a person,on a website,doing nothing!Where is the footage of this person burning your banner?Have you filed a police report to that effect using this image?Will any of you have the guts to stand up in court and say what this person has done?I know you wont,cause you don't want your names in the "COPS" sytem!!Please provide proof of wrong-doing,or you can go and politely get yourself F****d!!

The guy hasn't even got Manly gear on!!Where is this poster from?Is it Gallup trying to cause unrest ahead of us v news propped up team on Fri?

I don't think that anything the OP said was unreasonable, just a request that should we know the person in question that we have a word with them - not even a request for them to be dobbed in or anything.

The reaction ayjay seemed a little overboard.

MrInvisible, I don't know the guy, but I know if the shoe was on the other foot I would be pissed as all hell, so thanks for being so reasonable about it. Sorry that your friends day was somewhat spoiled by this incident, that's not what it is all about, hopefully the entertainment on the field was worth the trouble.

Like you say there are people at every club who want to act like 'pork chops' I hope you wont judge us all by the standards of one person.

Cheers Rusty - You are spot on with your comments.

We have had situations with Dogs supporters before where they've been spoken to by other members (or the club) for acting up.

It was more a request that if anyone knew him just to remind him that such actions aren't really acceptable and give a bad name to their supporters.

More than anything it was just to give you a heads up that there might be someone trying to cause problems during games.

Unless a complaint was made to the club or police, then this means nothing, and his photo should be removed until the allegations are substantiated.
You have to tread very carefully before you put someones picture out there for everyone to see.

Whilst I would agree with Mr Invisables comments, I'd agree with the comments we have made re the posting of a photo.....you need to be careful mate there such a thing as "defamation of character"....and if it was my photo up there (it isn't you can see mine on the left and besides I live in Brisbane) and I hadn't actually done anything I'd be spewing.

I'd suggest you edit the post and take that out (and I'd be surprised if one of the mods don't sdoon anyway)

I am not thrilled at having the photo posted, and am really in two minds.

For mine I think all shall we say "Dick-Head" supporters should be named and shamed. There is no place in the game for this sort of stuff, and no-one should go to the football and have to deal with this sort of crap.

So for now, I think I will leave it and mull it over for the day.

Hopefully this guy is a member or someone knows him and he returns the banner.

I wish we could all just get along and enjoy footy, I really don't miss this sort of crap about going to the games.

And for those shouting down Mr.Invisible, wisen up hey, this guy is reasonable in his approach and correct in everything he says, just because he supports a different team, doesn't mean his opinion is not welcome here.

Dan

Hey Mr Invisible, what colour was the banner? Can you give a description of it and where it was last seen...or anything else factual.

I actually saw a Bulldogs banner obviously cast aside after the match out on Pittwater road. Can you decribe where it 'left the building'?

Good that Hodko's leg is OK. He played really well on Sunday and will go well for you in coming years.

And of course it is very clear that the guy in the picture is a manly fan? You can tell that by all the Manly gear he is wearing. :s
Even if he is a Manly fan the score board for fans misbehaving would read something like:

Bulldogs 13950
Manly 4

Let's say this is completely true. This gentleman pictured has taken a banner form under a Dogs supporters nose. He has been able to boast about taking it and burning it and still gotten out of the ground alive or not arrested. How it can happen twice is hard to fathom. I think this is just a gee up.

Hey Mr Invisible, we have a pork chop or two posting right here in this thread.

Good luck getting your banner back mate.

The doggies banner was resting against a wheelie bin on Pittwater Road. It was obvious somweone had discarded it.

As I walked past with other Manly fans I said to the bloke next to me "yeah I'd chuck it away too if I was a bulldogs fan"

But this is prob not the banner mr invisible is talking about just a disgruntled supporter upset about season gorn.

Mr Invisible says he wasn't a party to the event so he apparently does not directly know whether the allegations are true. Second-hand info is not accepted as evidence in court for very good reason.

Having said that, a couple of Manly fans have made absolute pork chops of themselves in this thread.

bones said:
And of course it is very clear that the guy in the picture is a manly fan? You can tell that by all the Manly gear he is wearing. :s
Even if he is a Manly fan the score board for fans misbehaving would read something like:

Bulldogs 13950
Manly 4

Of course he is a manly fan bones. He has his own teef

Thanks for all the comments (both positive and negative)..

The banner was the "TANK" one, I believe "Frank the Tank" was on it.

MrInvisible said:
Thanks for all the comments (both positive and negative)..

The banner was the "TANK" one, I believe "Frank the Tank" was on it.

what colour background, what colour writing? Any sticks or poles for holding it up and if so how many?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2