1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Things on Game Day

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ramrod, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    1. Those EXTREMELY Loud Speakers right in the face and ears of those sitting close to the ground. When you have kids near the fence, it amounts to child abuse. Why can't we just be allowed to enjoy the game without having our eardrums blown out? Post-match ringing in the ears is no fun at all.

2. Manly fans' faux pas by wearing opposition colours due to the club selling opposition colours to our fans. I'm okay with grey and beige as neutral colours, mixed with some maroon. I would like the TV audience to see a sea of maroon and white (more maroon), and not like we're outnumbered at our own home ground because our fans don't have the right colours on (which is the fault of merchandising).

3. Factory Outlet Store - On the wall outside and opposite the Leagues club, can someone confirm if that's a giant pic of Darcy Lussick? How long has he been gooooone??

-- Add your whining to the list :)

2. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    1. Losing

• Like Like x 2
  3. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
  4. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    Rain on game day at Brookie Oval. Due to the number of "aspiro" supporters we have it seems to cut our attendance up to 50% :(

5. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,389 / 36
    Warm beer...cold pies

6. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    There are about 10 really crappy seats in the western stand at Brooky. They are directly above the player's tunnel, in the front two rows. Of course there'll be others.
    If you get these seats you will barely be able to see anything.
    When they close the tunnel cage, which is most of the afternoon/evening, fans are forced to climb the grandstand stairs, go along a short landing, right in front of these seats, and go down the stairs on the other side.
    For the western side of the ground this is only way to get from the southern end of the ground to the northern end. Hundreds if not thousands of people pass in front of you.
    These seats should not be sold, or should be at half price. ! :mad:

7. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Channel Nein.

I need not go any further. You all know by now how people in Adelaide (yep, I have found out that it is ONLY Adelaide, the rest of SA still gets the prime time Friday night and Sunday arvo time slots) are being shafted by Nein's 'wonderful' broadcasting.

To me that's the most annoying thing other than not being able to get to Brookvale for games.

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    Winning games and not being able to have a full on dig at our players.

9. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Any pre match, half time "entertainment" which is not a bunch of kids playing footy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    You're not a fan of the Sea Birds?!?!

11. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    To be honest they do not do anything for me but understand that they do for others.

I would think that we have moved past women dancing around the park (and I understand this could be hypocritical of me considering my wife but i guess that is what age does to you)

12. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Any reference to Hasler in a positive manner, the line up for a beer 10 minutes before kick off I get a beer quicker at wade park orange for a local derby.

13. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 113
    League not having a draft or transfer window limiting contracts being signed between the grand final and the first game of the following year.

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    And the poor choices available. Some of which aren't even available. I never plan to eat at games any more.