Annesley's weakly "Why this happened" report - 2024 edition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What I find fascinating is a few weeks ago he said " The bunker can't rule on offsides when there's a FG attempt because we don't have markings across the field and with camera angles it's inconclusive" That was when the faders FB charged down a FG attempt by the tits, yet when there's a try from a kick they go looking for the offside, so how can they make a decision for one situation and not the other.
I also thought when Ola scored the last try which was disallowed cos they ruled Tom offside, Saaby kept running through to put tom onside, he even mentioned that in his post match interview with nine but they were giggling about something trivial and ignored him.

What I find fascinating is a few weeks ago he said " The bunker can't rule on offsides when there's a FG attempt because we don't have markings across the field and with camera angles it's inconclusive" That was when the faders FB charged down a FG attempt by the tits, yet when there's a try from a kick they go looking for the offside, so how can they make a decision for one situation and not the other.
I also thought when Ola scored the last try which was disallowed cos they ruled Tom offside, Saaby kept running through to put tom onside, he even mentioned that in his post match interview with nine but they were giggling about something trivial and ignored him.
They just make it up from one blunder to the next, you couldn’t be more incompetent if you tried

Thought the exact same thing re Saab but assume I had that part of the rule wrong. Saab def kept running and got ahead of Tom which I thought put him onside.

Thought the exact same thing re Saab but assume I had that part of the rule wrong. Saab def kept running and got ahead of Tom which I thought put him onside.
It happened a few weeks ago in the faders game, Savage put a kick in and the player picked up the ball and scored, first replay he's offside but then the bunker said Savage continues his run and puts the player onside, try allowed

It's so refreshing to be on the opposite end of one of these referring blunders for once. Usually we're getting fuked by the bunker or the refs, so it's a nice change.

Also, the fact that it was against Parra, who have been helped in every game for the past 5 years, makes it even better. Fuk em.

The Bunker has turned a relatively straightforward sport with simple rules into a micro-managed lottery.
All other levels of RL exist without The Bunker. The NRL should play a few unimportant matches near the end of the season without The Bunker to test if the sport is better without it; just as they do when testing a new rule, such as two referees.
In theory The Bunker seems like a smart idea but in practice it complicates the sport, just as two referees did.

The problem with the bunker is that give the video referee too much power. Limit the bunker to only consider what the on field referee requests nothing more. This business of trolling back through the whole play leading to the try is time wasting, frustrating and a blight on the game.

I do wonder about the value of this presser

I guess it is better but does it actually add any confidence to decisions?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8