Andrew Suniula Today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For what i heard on 2GB calling the game today Andrew Suniula played good game and he went up high a couple of times and caught the ball safely.

I know it's only early weeks yet for him but he could end up being a good winger replacement or used off the bench thoughts ?

He is a very capable back-up winger. I don't see him getting ahead of Bani, Robbo or David Williams at this stage though. (nor Tony Williams, but I would be using him as a forward).

He did some good things today. I hope his injury doesn't rule him out for next weekend's match. I'd offer my services to the Eagles. I think the opposition would be terrified of a blockbusting 55kg female winger. I look pretty scary with a mouthguard in and my legs are shaved to generate extra speed.

niccipops link said:
He did some good things today. I hope his injury doesn't rule him out for next weekend's match. I'd offer my services to the Eagles. I think the opposition would be terrified of a blockbusting 55kg female winger. I look pretty scary with a mouthguard in and my legs are shaved to generate extra speed.

I'm pretty sure at times we had some girls out there today and last week, so you might be in with a shot.

They'll have to organise a babysitter for me as my off-field behaviour can be a bit unruly at times and we don't need anymore bad press.

I thought he was good today. Took some hard bombs and didn't do a lot wrong. Bani looked great though, I'm really enjoying having him back and I can't see Suniula getting ahead of him at this stage.

errr, what about his defensive positioning??? its crap, needs a lot of work, in part it can be explain by not having played a season with the rest of them, but still very poor in my opinion...

everything else looks pretty good tho! high balls especially very solid

Can take a bomb but his defensive play is no good and doesn't take enough pressure off the forwards by taking the ball up.

Needs improvement

Robbo, Wolf, Bani are all ahead of him.... in saying that he's doing all that is expected of him so far.

He was great today. I reckon he'd make a good no nonsense Backrower with a bit of training in that field. He'd actually make a decent winger IMO, but like Fluffy says - we are very lucky in having some very quality ones.

He went OK.  I just don't see how all of you thought Bani went excellent.  He let in Manu for a quick bite to eat before asking him to score his try.  The he didn't diffuse Jones's kick at the end.  How does that get to be great? 

I was at the game DSM5, and like you, thought Bani made a few pretty poor blunders. I actually think he'd be more suited to fullback - but I know I will get shot down for that thought - LoL

Ryan, at last some sense.  Bani to fullback, Robbo back to his wing.  There's a thought.

1 - Robbo
2 - Bani (will be better with experience, Williams is slightly better only through playing longer with the team, but Bani has more potential)
3 - Williams
4 - Suniula

DSM5 link said:
He went OK.  I just don't see how all of you thought Bani went excellent.  He let in Manu for a quick bite to eat before asking him to score his try.  The he didn't diffuse Jones's kick at the end.  How does that get to be great? 

How do you blokes and gals think Andrew Suniula went on Sunday?

From my inexperienced perspective  :) looking on from the southern end he seemed to go pretty well until his unfortunate finger breaking incident on the tryline. Andrew's taking of the bomb first up looked very solid and I loved his try and later intercept....but I'm no player or serious squirrel so am looking forward to more experienced opinions.

Oh and he didn't seem to drift in off the wing like Michael Bani did at one or two critical moments...

Whadderya reckon??? Another Wolfie in the making...or not??

clontaago link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=179783.msg214656#msg214656 date=1237712453]
I think the opposition would be terrified of a blockbusting 55kg female winger.

Doesnt work for Steve Turner.
[/quote]

applause

Ryan link said:
He was great today. I reckon he'd make a good no nonsense Backrower with a bit of training in that field. He'd actually make a decent winger IMO, but like Fluffy says - we are very lucky in having some very quality ones.

This is what you said about him after Round 1.

Ryan link said:
He's crap. Nuff said !
Put Neumann on the wing.
Suniula would struggle in PL.

At this rate of improvement you'll have him playing in The Anzac Test for the Kiwis.

I thought Suniela did quite well. I am concerned he is a bit soft for his size. He tended to stop when tackled rather than run through people. Definitely has potential though.

DSM5 link said:

What was exciting about Bani was his speed off the mark.  You can't buy that.  But if a player's got it, you can develop and use it.  Disagree that he was the cause of the Manu try. Simply outnumbered and Bani was forced to come in.  Yes he didn't defuse the final try with Manu reaching high to tap the ball back.  Given it was against Vatuvei, & 2 minutes to go, Bani should've punched the ball dead.  With his size, the Manu tap-back easily beats most wingers, and is Manu's favourite ploy from bombs, yet Robbo seemed surprised. If Robbo was sweating on it the try may well have been defused.

Agree with Bani to fullback and Robbo back to the wing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6