Andrew Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
What your forgetting is that Johns worked with us prior to the 2011 season

He worked with just about every team, since he has exclusive to us they have stagnated. Foran's kicking game has improved but both halves aren't playing instinctantly.

swoop said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

He worked with just about every team, since he has exclusive to us they have stagnated. Foran's kicking game has improved but both halves aren't playing instinctantly.

Regardless of how many teams he worked with, a new halves pairing won the comp, id say he had some input there

In the 1st 6 weeks people were saying how good our halves were going, where the whole team has stagnated has been when we lost all those middle men and have lost our way from there. As I said in another topic though most people consider Foran to be in career best form over the 1st half of the season

I know you don't like Johns and that's fair enough, but I feel that is where your judgement is coming from more

Kiwi Eagle said:

He worked with most clubs, but since he's joined us exclusively other than Foran's kicking game there has not been a lot of improvement. The halves don't play as instinctively as they used to, it looks like everything is over complicated.

Give me a break. Wasn't DCE up the ladder on the Dally M's early in the season? Didn't DCE just play in origin? I'm not sure why people don't understand the impact that the loss of 3 solid forwards has. Halves play of the back of go forward, with no go forward the halves can't do ****.

What I'm concerned about is not the lack of go forward. Thats another issue altogether. It's when we are in the twenty meter attacking zone that the problem lies. We seem to be clueless. Eight sets last Monday night on the line and nothing. There's the issue.

DSM5 said:
What I'm concerned about is not the lack of go forward. Thats another issue altogether. It's when we are in the twenty meter attacking zone that the problem lies. We seem to be clueless. Eight sets last Monday night on the line and nothing. There's the issue.

8 sets with no Foran, DCE playing other side of the ruck and Gift as a makeshift 5/8. Also without any training sessions. That's why we looked lost on Monday night.

the mauler said:
DSM5 said:

8 sets with no Foran, DCE playing other side of the ruck and Gift as a makeshift 5/8. Also without any training sessions. That's why we looked lost on Monday night.
OK, that explains Monday night. So how do you explain Rounds 7 - 15?

Kiwi Eagle said:
swoop said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Regardless of how many teams he worked with, a new halves pairing won the comp, id say he had some input there

In the 1st 6 weeks people were saying how good our halves were going, where the whole team has stagnated has been when we lost all those middle men and have lost our way from there. As I said in another topic though most people consider Foran to be in career best form over the 1st half of the season

I know you don't like Johns and that's fair enough, but I feel that is where your judgement is coming from more

You may be right because I am not a Johns fan. In fact I dislike him and his brother.

The whole team was travelling well the first 6 weeks or so, we've also lost the go forward since and we are crabbing across field. No fluency in attack. We have no plan B and I expect the halves to step up and get the team going in the right direction, but it's not happening.

DCE has got a good long kicking game, he should use it more often, play the opposition in their half.

Joey's radio commentary v easts last week was interesting. In the 2nd half he disagreed vehemently with the decision on horo's high shot. He also called for killer to move to 5/8 to get more ball and take pressure off dce. Maybe he should have been in with tooves instead of commenting. Shows he is 1) passionate about manly winning and 2) not a senior part of our coaching staff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4