1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andrew Johns to join coaching staff?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Apr 1, 2012.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Sea Eagles hoping Joey can convince Foran to stay Adrian Proszenko
    April 1, 2012

SUNDAY SIN BIN

Manly officials have approached Andrew Johns about joining the coaching staff in a move they hope will help them retain Kieran Foran. Their chances of keeping Foran increased after Cooper Cronk re-signed with Melbourne. However, the Bulldogs and the Warriors are still circling. Foran holds Johns in high regard and Sea Eagles powerbrokers are hopeful the Knights legend will come aboard as a halves coach. ''Joey'' already works as a consultant to several NRL clubs as well as the Melbourne Rebels. The Manly coaching staff are also discussing other potential appointments. While no pressure is being placed on Foran, it is hoped he can put pen to paper as soon as this week.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-hoping-joey-can-convince-foran-to-stay-20120331-1w54c.html#ixzz1qkWIuMHR

2. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    So in order to keep Foran from going to the warriors or dogs we have to sign a halves coach(who also coaches the warriors and dogs) to convince him not to go............I got on the booze last night but I'm bloody confused.

3. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Who cares? He has been our halves coach for a while anyway. If it helps signing Foran then its fine.

4. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    I don't think he's been our halves coach recently. Only Dogs, Warriors and one other.

5. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    09/10? Im sure he was working woth DCE and Foran last yr wasn't he?

• Like Like x 2
  6. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Yeah, he was last year but now with his ch9 gig he's limited it to only a couple of clubs. Not 100% sure though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    and Melbourne (I think) from memory.

Seriously after these last 3 weeks and with Des taking the assistant Egan? and the video dude - do we have any people coaching, besides Toovey?? May sound harsh but this is a serious question cos we aint lookng too flash :(

8. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Considering he lives local it wouldnt be a bad move to offer him a fulltime coaching gig with Manly only. He was the best player ever so im sure he'd do alright at coaching

9. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Egan isn't the be all and end off he was
    Only there 3 years. I wish we could get
    Dennis Moore back to help out

10. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    No mate none at all, unless you count the fatman's origin win as coach of the Toads.

11. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    We also have Matt Parish as assistant coach.