Andrew Johns said it best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Just said on Sunday footy show about last nights game;

"The game last night was decided by the referees!"

And of course Sterlo fobs it off and rushes into reviewing the other games.

More correct- 'Manly's reaction to the Referees' calls:' :dodgy:

I don't understand why Manly take bad calls personally as it happens constantly and their frustration always results in a loss :huh:

Its not fair etc, but letting someone control your state of mind is a sign of mental weakness :cool:

Its like getting affronted when the rain suddenly falls , both are outside of their control.

strone33 said:
Just said on Sunday footy show about last nights game;

"The game last night was decided by the referees!"

And of course Sterlo fobs it off and rushes into reviewing the other games.
Whoa! That's pretty gutsy of Johns to throw that in, as (like Sterling) they dodge the Ref stuff.
I'm in the NT so 1/12 hours behind NSW.
I'll have to watch it, tho'.

It was funny when Sterlo asked johns to reiterate on the refs when sitting next to slater.

bones said:
No wonder Manly fans are generally considered whingers. To blame anybody but ourselves last night would be ridiculous.

C'mon, that's ridiculous... ridiculous...

The ball was on the ground or wasn't it on the ground?

Thought Joey back-peddled a bit when he basically said that the run of penalties to Manly in the 1st half and Scum in the 2nd dictated the scoreline. No mention of bias or incorrect decisions.

mickqld said:
We need to look in our backyard for why these things keep happening rather than blaming some one else
True. As we all know this is not a new thing.
Rd 1-2010, Manly V Tigers, Manly were up 20-0, only to be run down.
It's like they're haunted by the old run down Spectre.
We gotta have an Exorcism, & cast out thy Demon that torments this poor Eagle.

A little bit of the problem could be match fitness and we get lazy in the ruck in the second half. But refs dont seem to go after blokes like Cam Smith who do it repeatedly during games, he avoids any penalties its like they believe if hes doing it it must be ok.

conanu said:
A little bit of the problem could be match fitness and we get lazy in the ruck in the second half. But refs dont seem to go after blokes like Cam Smith who do it repeatedly during games, he avoids any penalties its like they believe if hes doing it it must be ok.

Smith (and a few others) are like a protected species, they can never do anything wrong!!

Red Pill said:
It was funny when Sterlo asked johns to reiterate on the refs when sitting next to slater.

Joey added that he thought the refs were nitpicking ( both sides )and pretty much said that the Storm were piggybacked out of their half as a consequence and where you start your sets is key. He said the NRL want to speed the game up but there was on average a penalty every 4 minutes, why not just let the game flow?
Sterlo commented " but are they penalties or not?.." and then Fittler came in over the top and said he wishes he could watch Manly and the Storm go at it every week.
Billy also made a good comment re the new rules - he sees the merit in the zero tackle restart after a kick from 30 to 40m out but not when an attacking team puts in a kick and fumble it over the deadball line which results in the defending getting a seven tackle set - no reward for field postion.

This year there'll be massive swings like we saw last night, I'm reckon that won't be the only 20 pt lead coughed up. The Faders led 16-0 and got run down...but that's kind of expected.

I as much as I'd like to cannot blame the referees.

It was like a game of two halves to repeat the old chestnut.

The first half I was thinking easily top 4 this Manly side.

The second half I was thinking maybe if BS doesn't play we'll be lucky to make the eight.

It was like Brett isn't playing we cannot win.

I know it was a perfect storm not having Woolfie and Tafua. And the then having to rejuggle the backline with people playing outside of their positions. Mattai is not a winger and looked a bit lost for example.

But that does not excuse the dropped ball. These guys are first graders and the one thing every under 6 player learns is to hold onto the ball.

I know that when you get hit hard it may become dislodged but! We were put under extreme pressure that ultimately cost us the game on Saturday night.

But having said that I am struggling to remember over the past few years if we have ever won our first round. Certainly not in 2008 and definitely not in 2011.

So maybe its all good for this year. :D

We made the mistake of going up by so much in the 1st half

As anyone who watches a reasonable amount of all games can tell you, for the past few seasons, anytime a side gets a long way infront, the team behind get the referees whistle behind them and the momentum swings massively

Coaches may as well start telling teams not to get too far ahead by the 60min mark

Not saying it is the reason we lost, but the pattern is all too familiar and becoming a joke. Another great example was last year against the Warriors in Auckland, we were carving them up, got 4-5 penalties ourselves and out to 16-0 after 20mins, in the next 20mins the Warriors got 7 straight penalties and all the momentum

Kiwi Eagle said:
We made the mistake of going up by so much in the 1st half

As anyone who watches a reasonable amount of all games can tell you, for the past few seasons, anytime a side gets a long way infront, the team behind get the referees whistle behind them and the momentum swings massively

Coaches may as well start telling teams not to get too far ahead by the 60min mark

Not saying it is the reason we lost, but the pattern is all too familiar and becoming a joke. Another great example was last year against the Warriors in Auckland, we were carving them up, got 4-5 penalties ourselves and out to 16-0 after 20mins, in the next 20mins the Warriors got 7 straight penalties and all the momentum

What happened then to the Worriers against the wooden spooners?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6