Andrew Johns is the latest recruit to follow former Manly coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
DES Hasler has made another significant announcement at Canterbury-Bankstown by signing retired halfback of the century Andrew Johns to the Bulldogs coaching staff.
Johns has previously worked with Hasler at Manly, where he was responsible for fine-tuning the skills of halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

The Bulldogs will be hoping Johns can work some similar magic with Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/halfback-of-the-century-andrew-johns-is-another/story-e6frexni-1226213007837

I'm kinda liking all this pup recruitment stuff - when they fail it just means Hasler will fall further onto his own sword. Then with more success out Manly way maybe people will recognise it was maybe the players who won the games & not the coach - though be happy to see Tooves get plenty of recognition after taking over in such tough circumstances - a 1 club local legend have a feeling he will lift the players to new heights.

The Eagle said:
I'll receive hate for this but Tooves has always been my favorite,yes as in not Beaver

and just why would you receive hate for making that statement? To each their own opinion as far as I'm concerned so if you like Tooves as your favourite over Beaver then so what. You're entitled to feel that way.

Joey was partying in Manly with our best this week, so will continue hekping out.
He is working for the Warriors as well. So a beat up in the papers.

I wonder which fans will go harder for their new coaches? Do you think the dogs fans will get behind Des, and cop a few losses over the course of the next season? I think they may demand results from the kick off of game 1. I get the feeling that the Manly fans will stand firm behind Tooves. We seem more staunch. Well, mostly.

mozgrame said:
I wonder which fans will go harder for their new coaches? Do you think the dogs fans will get behind Des, and cop a few losses over the course of the next season? I think they may demand results from the kick off of game 1. I get the feeling that the Manly fans will stand firm behind Tooves. We seem more staunch. Well, mostly.

Also, Toovey is one of ours. To the dogs fans, Hasler is just another hired hand, with no link whatsoever to the club except that established by direct deposit into his bank account. If he fails, and I hope he does (nothing personal, Des - I hope every team other than Manly fails as well), they'll want to bring back Dymock quick smart.

The dogs have Johns , Dymock , Hasler and Cleal on the sidelines and we have Daly Cherry Evans, Foran , T-REX , the Snake , Lyon, etc on the playing field and thats where games are won.

A little off topic but Joeys brother Matty Johns is losing the plot after listening to him on the radio 2MMM - he attacks anyone and everyone.
Joey will help any team out that pays him - he is the Paris Hilton of rugby league

Miracle worker joey has to be with Keating oh that guy is a hack the dogs own Phil Tufnell, what a joke he is.
Hasler may as well employ grant goldman it still won't bring a champion side.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2