Andrew johns gone @ end of 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Johns has improved our attack big time, one thing i admire about Geoff is he was never too proud to admit he did not know all the answers, was able to pick the brains of others and filter out what was needed from what was not necessary.

A coach does not have to know all the answers just choose the right options or ideas to work with and if that means delegating stuff to more talented people in certain areas so be it, one of Geoff's great attributes that should not go unnoticed.

No big secret Joey was leaving. I think it was announced, unofficially at least, a month or so back.
Only 2 weeks ago on the Footy Show, when Sterlo asked Joey if he was staying, Joey said no-one from Manly had spoken to him.
Sorry to see this announcement as I'll be surprised if Barrett can replace Joey's expertise.

You would think at this stage of his career, DCE would improve his game pretty much by himself. I don't think Andrew johns would have been a great role model at the club with his well documented love for partying. If he is replaced by someone with a more responsible head than I think that would be for the better. The players need expert coaches to work with not a drinking buddy.

Only 2 weeks ago on the Footy Show, when Sterlo asked Joey if he was staying, Joey said no-one from Manly had spoken to him.
Sorry to see this announcement as I'll be surprised if Barrett can replace Joey's expertise.
lets hope he doesn't bring in craig field

oh wait.......

I hope Joey coaches the Knights cause they really need him now, he has helped in the development of DCE and Foran but time to move on.

It really is a clean out isn't it, I guess Donny will be next ( which is so sad as he's the most passionate staff member we have ).

Johns gone and talk of signing useless Trex and Josh McCrone. The club is ****ed and has no idea

Last edited:
I lost count since mid last year to now, how many times the latest bit of big news coming out of manly is reported by his brother on his stupid MMM show or Monday Nights with MJ.

Anyone who thinks Andrew doesnt run to his brother with every little whisper of gossip he hears is kidding themselves.

This wont hurt the halves. Hes a child not a coach.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6